16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  WW CF 16 gauge hulls
NCTarheel
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:12 pm  Reply with quote

I still have the empty hulls. I stated in my original post I would like to sell the lot of empty hulls to one buyer if possible, but I have determined from the responses I received thinking one person would be interested in buying them all was unrealistic. Every one that contacted me wanted part but not all. Several told me they would follow back with me, but didn't. I was told .12-.15 for the black Remington hulls was FMV and .35 for the Win CF was reasonable, and the other hulls were worth at least .05 each since they are 16 gauge. My thought process was if someone made me an offer that was in line with what I was told they were worth then I knew they were making an honest offer to purchase. No one has done that. So I still have the empty hulls. At this point, I will sell the empty hulls separately.
stevesavage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:16 am  Reply with quote

I believe you could sell them fairly easily and in one lot if you could post a total price. At least buyers would be in the ball park.
NCTarheel
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

OK, total including shipping to anywhere continental US $220
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:44 pm  Reply with quote

Just seen this, but in my opinion that’s way to much. Maybe I need to sell some hulls.
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:06 pm  Reply with quote

Averages out to just shy of 15 cents a hull shipped. 47% are CF hulls. Doesn't seem overly inflated in this economy. Just one man's opinion.

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

Well Lewis295, what do you think? I'm still interested in splitting the batch.

fourtimes4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:49 pm  Reply with quote

PM Sent

1957 Winchester Model 12
1915 Fox Sterlingworth

Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.

Mark Twain
pheasant16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:01 am  Reply with quote

The gentleman stated his price. If you don't agree why flame him? They are his to sell at whatever he wants. Period Are you complaining because you won't be able to make as much profit when you resell them?
In the scheme of things is 200 bucks going to send you to debtor's prison? Doubt it as most of the signature boast about the 5-20 16 gauge shotguns you have collected.
Worst comes to worst he can't unload 'em at this price and he may consider lowering it.
As Don Henley and the Eagles sang a couple years ago. "Get over it."
Brewster11
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:37 am  Reply with quote

Just curious, are Win CF hulls tapered wall or straight wall?

B.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:59 am  Reply with quote

Brewster11

The Winchester CF 16 gauge hulls are tapered, reasonably rough, they load as easy as the old Winchester AA 12 gauge hulls and adjustments to the machine aren't fussy like some other hulls. The tapered walls are just about crush proof so you can put a lot of radius on the crimp shoulder for nice, smooth feeding in repeaters.

They are good, but they are also just a hull. A lot of guys are gaga over them(you'd think they were a 23 year old Swedish bikini model), and willing to pay the price to get them.

pheasant16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

Boy you hit the nail on the head with the 23yo model analogy.

I like using em because they feed in the tight chamber of my toy easily.

I use them for 6's, blue hulls for 5's and some green ones for 4.
Load doesn't vary, just shot size as season progresses as you have learned living here in God's back yard. Laughing
MSM2019
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:59 pm  Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing :lol

Pretty much in agreement....6's early than a 6 followed by 2 #5's in my 1100

That's my mission for the next few days. Making ammo for hunting season.

Citori16
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:34 am  Reply with quote

I still have a bunch waiting to be reloaded, but I was tempted as mine have been reloaded 2-3 times. I guess I’ve reached the age where a bikini model is nice to look at but pretty much all work the same once you get them in the chamber & hit the light switch. Afterwards you are still reaching for a new, unfired shell.

Like most I try to have a different shell for each load, and I think mine are destined for some #6 CP or chilled spreader loads. They won’t get used as much as my #5 loads so I’ll keep them going for a while.

pheasant16
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:16 am  Reply with quote

I'm at the age where we travel to see grandkids frequently, the dogs are long gone, and the important thing now a days is to recover the wounded bird first, and look for the spent shell as an afterthought on the few days we have to actually go afield. The internet has shown me the 16 gauge will never go away, and parts to feed it will always be available. MSM's analogy of the model for the AA hull is dead on, but like he states it's just a hull.
With aging knees and body; at least for me I can finally say "who cares" if I can't find the red one that I've reloaded 6 or more times. It's just a hull, plus new parts give you the chance to learn new recipes to duplicate the ones you've used in the past. (took me 40 years to say that)
MSM from what I have observed has forgotten far more about the reloading of shotgun shells that I have ever learned, and the statement about it's just a hull is sage advice I hope others will take to heart, forget about chasing the model and buy some new toys to play with.
probie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:22 am  Reply with quote

"forget about chasing the model and buy some new toys to play with".hahahaha

'Cuse the long post but had to reply when i read the above & a few others.

Back in 1990 bought my first 16ga ,a Parker-Hale SxS as a gift for myself after selling my first home for 168K after buying it in 1980 for 30k. Wasn't reloading shells at the time so I had to buy new. No Wallys back then but a similar store back then named PlayTogs in Middletown NY had a sporting goods Dept. Only thing they had were white/red boxed Winnys Rabbit& Squirrel, Dove & Quail, & Pheasant Loads at $4.95/box!!!!! Bought 25 boxes. Now that i got back into shells, I got myself a Sweet 16 beauty and just put up my first 5 boxes of reloads. Two of them were using for the first time 50 of those hulls.
NEVER even knew until I started reloading them that i had purchased 25 boxes of CFs back in '90! But like Mark & others above said....forget about chasing the model and buy some new toys to play with! Well that's what i did & i'm having a good time at it trying the Fed purples, & Rio Reds, & Fio Blues etc, BUT, its nice knowing that back in '90 i stepped in it and still have 500 brand new Cfs to fire & then reload.