16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16 GAUGE CZ TEAL
peckerheadernie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:46 am  Reply with quote

JUST BOUGHT A 16 GAUGE CZ TEAL ( CABELAS EXCLUSIVE I THINK ) 28 INCH BARELLS, FIXED CHOKE IMPROVED CYLINDER, MODIFIED WITH EJECTORS. A LITTLE HEAVY BUT WELL BUILT AND FOR UNDER $550 SEEMS TO BE A GOOD BUY.
DUKFVR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:34 am  Reply with quote

Congrats!
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:05 pm  Reply with quote

CZ's are well made.I had a ringneck in 16ga.Only problem was the fixed choke---supposed to be ic and mod---more like full and rifle Shocked
Rdg
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:29 pm  Reply with quote

hoashooter wrote:
CZ's are well made.I had a ringneck in 16ga.Only problem was the fixed choke---supposed to be ic and mod---more like full and rifle Shocked

I don't understand why CZ doesn't have removable chokes on any of there 16G guns.
peckerheadernie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:50 am  Reply with quote

This gun chokes an open improved cylinder and a light modified. I like fixed choke guns.
Purple16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:54 am  Reply with quote

Sounds like a solid 16ga purchase. Absolutely nothing wrong with fixed chokes.
Way to go!

"A gun should be a thing of beauty, something which gives its owner pride and pleasure. For that reason, most men will buy the best gun they can afford. With a good gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off."
Cheesy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:57 am  Reply with quote

peckerheadernie wrote:
This gun chokes an open improved cylinder and a light modified. I like fixed choke guns.

I could happily hunt the rest of my life choked that way. And life would be a lot simpler.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:26 am  Reply with quote

My CZ Sharptail pierced primers out of the box, CZ customer support is good and took care of it no cost to me not even shipping. Less than a 3 week turnaround time door back to my door.

Had to stand on the triggers to make it go bang, I am not trigger sensitive but they were horrendous. John Singer on here is local to me and a graduate of Trinidad Gunsmithing, he took care of them and did a great job.

Barrels were supposed to be IC\Mod but measured .001 and .011. Great for grouse but I didn't buy a 7.5 pound 16 ga. built on a 12 ga. frame to hunt grouse with, it was to shoot clays I have plenty of hunting 16 ga. guns. Although shot at 3 grouse with it and killed all 3. Interesting enough all with the second bbl. (.011) each time.

Wasn't going to put Briley type money into a CZ so had Colonial tube it. Pair of SK for the obvious and pair of LM for other clays. The tubes stick out about a quarter inch are silver and knurled. Look kind of strange to me on a SxS. But they work. Haven't shot it in probably 2 years or more with the bright CC and plain wood I just can't seem to warm up to it. Just realized pretty sure it is the only gun I own that I don't have a picture of. 28" is kind of short for Sporting Clays and big boy targets but it really would be a good winter skeet gun and this winter should break it out a couple of times. Or send it down the road to fund another gun. I do shoot it well on softer and shorter targets however.
Jagdhund
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:38 pm  Reply with quote

hoashooter wrote:

My CZ Bobwhite 16 was just the opposite: I/C & Mod markings, but more like Skt. and I/C patterns. Otherwise, a great piece. Fun to shoot black powder reloads out of it.

Stx4wheeler
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

How were the triggers on the cz teal 16 gauge? Also any cast on stock or just neutral?

I’m considering picking one up and to have chokes installed in it.

My 20 gauge g2 bobwhite has pretty tight triggers, really my only complaint with it.
Brewster11
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:50 pm  Reply with quote

We rent out CZ O/Us at the club then auction them off at end of season. They get a lot of hard use during the season. Nothing but highest praise for them and CZ from our equipment manager, as well as users, and purchasers.

B.
slowshooter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:41 am  Reply with quote

I should be getting one of these in the next few weeks. Hopefully it's not in need of any smithing. I want to use it as my primary hunting gun this duck season.
slowshooter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:42 am  Reply with quote

I should be getting one of these in the next few weeks. Hopefully it's not in need of any smithing. I want to use it as my primary hunting gun this duck season.