16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Dog Pics
16'er
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:14 pm  Reply with quote

Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
16er,

Congrats on your GVP prize I, fantastic achievement, my GSP Rosie was a pure German Shorthair from Germany, with GVP certification. I know what it took for you to train her for these GVP tests. What was her final test score?

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

VGP Score was 295/318. We had all 3's and 4's.

She ran the blood track pretty quick, but they didn't ding me for it. Also in her usual style she was down wind of the track for the first 50m, running from the side about 5-10m down wind.

[url=https://postimages.org/] [/url]
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:27 am  Reply with quote

16'er,

Great scores Congrats on all the GVP testing and I hope you Breed your dog to pass the genetics on! My SM was an incredible GVP tested dog, we had 3 litters of pups with him as the Stud. I probably should purchase another SM, I do miss him badly. He was an incredible Grouse dog that had retrieving skill better than the Labs here in our mountains, and only the Chesssie dogs could match him on tracking and retrieving. Had some very big offers to purchase him from a few Duck hunters, Good GVP dogs are worth their weight in Gold. Have fun with your Prize I versatile gun dog.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Sampson our incredible male SM dog, with his true double Grouse taken with a 1913 L.C. Smith 16 gauge Hammer Gun. He was a great Versatile Grouse dog. Sampson was responsible for the only Scotch double gun shot, I have ever made. He retrieved all of the Grouse to hand. Even pointed a big female Turkey that I shot with a 16 gauge L.C. Smith pre 13 gun, and retrieved the Turkey to my hands. GVP tested versatile dogs, IMO are some of the best hunting dogs in the world.

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers