16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  PW 375 wow
R J Talley
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:29 pm  Reply with quote

I've been reloading shotshells since the late 70s. I've had a number of machines, MEC, Hornady 366, 266 and DL155. I've even had a Lee Loadall...still have it actually but never use it. Almost 15 years ago I bought a very used PW375. I was definitely a machine from the 60s. I had some trouble with it so I shelved it and loaded all of my 16 ga on the 266. I liked that 266. It worked and was capable enough. The deal is though, those Black Rem game hulls? Forget loading those. The crimps were a mess. I ended up cutting all of those down and roll crimping them for my short chambered guns.

A couple of weeks ago I dragged out the PW 375 and sent it of to PW to get it set up. The changed out the old crimp die for the new tapered one and installed the new machine cap that permits removing and installing bushings without removing the shot/powder res.

This past week I ran off 200 shells with out a hitch. Crimps were factory tight and beautiful, even with those crummy Rem Blacks. Geez, this is a very nice machine. I like it much better than my 266 or my 155. Gotta wonder why I didn't fix it much sooner.