16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Grays Sporting Journal Collection for sale
fourtown
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:22 am  Reply with quote

Gray's Sporting Journal debuted in 1976, featuring high quality outdoor writing, photography and artwork printed on heavy glossy paper.

https://www.grayssportingjournal.com/

They generally print six issues per year plus a travel issue, which has less writing and more ads. I recycle the the travel issue away after I read it.

I have a collection of about 170 Gray's Sporting Journal magazines, mostly from the '70s through through early 2000's. At one time I had the complete collection of the first 25 years from 1976-2002, but a few are missing now. I also have eight or nine green binders to hold an individual years issues. The binders have some wear but are still very functional.

I would like to sell the whole collection for $0.50 cents an issue plus actual shipping. (the magazines weigh about a pound apiece, so even media mail shipping adds up. The current subscription price is over $5.00 per issue.)

If no one wants the whole collection, I could pick out the bird hunting editions, or trout fishing editions, or fall editions or certain years .... if someone was interested in just those, and sell them for $1 an issue plus shipping.

The issues are mostly in excellent condition, a few have drink rings on the covers, from iced CC and seven. Some show signs of being 40 plus years old. No smoke, no water damage, probably dog hair.

Contact me by email muzzdog@hotmail.com I can email or text photos if you want some.

I also have several classic bird hunting books that I will be posting shortly.

Thanks

Marshall aka Fourtown
fourtown
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Price lowered on Grays's Journals

$25 for as many as you want, 5 to 175 issues, plus actual shipping cost. Or I will negotiate for delivery in MN or adjacent states.

muzzdog@hotmail.com
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

What part of Mn are located in? I may end up in the Detroit Lakes/ Fergus Falls/ Alexandria area for a few days in June.

fourtown
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:22 am  Reply with quote

I live about 40 miles north of St. Paul, but I will be working in Bemidji May though July.

Just yesterday I recycled a tote full of Grays. But I still have over a hundred issues. I saved the first ten years and all the fly fishing and bird hunting editions plus a bunch of random ones.
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:23 am  Reply with quote

I would be interested in a bunch of the bird hunting issues and some fly fishing too. Shipping can add up fast. I will see if any of my friends will be going through Bemidji in May.