16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Shell Alert
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

No reason shooters are dwindling. Them kind of prices could only be used for hunting , not recreation.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:18 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer bill wrote:
No reason shooters are dwindling. Them kind of prices could only be used for hunting , not recreation.

Look at replacement cost of your components and good luck with that thought.

I used to make $1 an hour stacking haybales. And $1.10 an hour for non farm labor. Doesn't mean much in this day and age and more worried about COLA, cost of living adjustments.

I have plenty of supplies purchased back when times were good. But I will never pay what I did for them back then. Not my first rodeo.

Too bad the Winchester shells are made by Cheddite and are CX1000 primers. And the Rizzini Comp 16 pierces them

But can shoot them in the Pacific Sporting Arms 16 ga. SxS to make empties. Not like I don't have enough new hulls and bins and bins of OF in the garage to use up.

You can wish all you want. But see what fills up in your hand first. Not a fan of vaporware or pricing that is not realistic.

My father never understood inflation or compound interest on investments either bless his heart and I miss him dearly.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

Cold Iron. I wish their were more people loke you and I. Laid back and laid in various supplies to go for a long time. Politics you can never trust.
Oh I will by at garage sales and different places when prices are a giveaway. I'll be 76 in couple months and back in the days I was on a payroll I planned for these days. Figure I have enough to last me till I head beyond. Fell sorry foe the average taxpayer
. Times are headed in the wrong direction.
Brewster11
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
And some of the prices are a tipping point to just buy factory for the hulls if no other reason.

That’s been my method. Buy one box of Fed #8 @ $16 for each 4 boxes of reloads used. We bring in 12 ga ammo by the container load to disburse to regional clubs, but our ammo chairman thankfully laid in what looks like a partial pallet of 16 ga Feds. So far I’m probably the only user of that inventory, would be happy to share it at the club.

Cold Iron: Clay Dot showed up at the club and I took 8 lbs. Very satisfactory replacement for Red Dot in 7/8 oz loads, albeit leaving a thick greasy smoke trail in the barrel unlike Red Dot which burns clean. My hands are blackened by it after a skeet event but it washes off.

B.