16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  One of the happiest birthdays of my life!
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:13 pm  Reply with quote

Lloyd3,

Many men at our age choose to get a started dog and not go thru the puppy stage of training. Because I have trained so many gun dogs I still wanted to bond with a new Ryman pup, like I have done with all my other Ryman dogs. We will see if this was a wise choice in about 6 months. This maybe my last puppy however depending on how everything goes. Our home is mostly puppy proof, but you never can tell what will happen. Many other Grouse hunters hang their shotgun on the wall when they loose a great Grouse dog to old age, here is hoping it does not happen to you, or to us.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

My good friend Gunny Harold Bowman playing with Pine Creek Ryman Daisy, after she presented him with his 2nd Grouse. Both hunt in Gods never ending Grouse Forest now. I do miss them both badly. Hoping our new Ryman/Old Hemlock pup will start to make new memories for us here at Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers. New memories need to over shadow old losses.

Last edited by Pine Creek/Dave on Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:00 pm; edited 4 times in total

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Received the 1st part of my birthday gift just recently. One real nice L.C. Smith 1929 16 gauge double gun, in almost pristine condition. The gun will be a real nice addition to our L.C. Smith Grouse Gun collection. Can't wait for Grouse & Woodcock season this next year. She is just a Field Grade gun, the original owner kept her in real nice condition for shooting Quail. Not even a scratch on the original stock finish, Choked IC/M, with 14" LOP, I just love it. I can see why the original owner wanted the barrels custom made to 26 3/4", even shooting double Clays, the gun swings perfectly. Its going to be a great little Grouse & Woodcock gun using the 2 1/2" RST SpredR shells.

all the best

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

L.C. Smith/Hunter Arms 1929 16 Gauge Field Grade, in almost pristine condition.
Real nice Birthday Present for sure. Our Wyss Fireside Ryman/Old Hemlock Setter puppy, will arrive in April some time. Still trying to choose a good name for her.

Lloyd3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:25 am  Reply with quote

Glad your gun got there Dave. I always worry (just a little) while a gun is in transit.

From your earlier post here, I would like to think that when my time comes, I too will walk in God's never-ending Grouse Forrest. I already know several souls that are there ahead of me, carefully & intently walking down a perfect piece of cover on a bright and brisk Fall morning, with their beloved dog before them. Not a bad image of eternity if I must say so, and not hard for me to picture this morning.

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

Lloyd3,

Thanks buddy for the nice picture you described, no doubt it would be heaven for many of us. I hope we have many more years before God decides that we need to journey to his never ending forest however. I definitely want to spend as much time with my new Ryman puppy as he will allow.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Ryman Daisy.

Pine Creek Ryman Maggie Mae