16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  rizzini aurum classic
robp
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:21 am  Reply with quote

I am looking for a over under 16 gauge with a straight grip
What's your opinion on the rizzini or any other. Like I said I want an over under 28+ barrels, straight grip stock,don't need choke tubes skeet and mod will do
uplandshooter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

Hey RobP,

The Rizzini is a good gun. I have shot one but I don't own one. Price is a little out of my range. If you are looking for a straight stock over/under will likely have to go european. Origionaly the Browning superposed was stocked with a straight stock but the old superposed are hard to find. Many were restocked. Some some reason North Americans want pistol grip stocks. I still haven't figured out why. For less money than the Rizzini you could by something like a field grade Winchester 101 and have it restocked. Do you want single or double trigger? Extractor or ejector?
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:21 pm  Reply with quote

Niles at Safari Outfitters in Millbrook, NY - 1.845. 677.5444 has a 16ga. Browning Citori. Restocked to straight grip (original stock goes with the gun also), rebarreled by Briley- 30" imp/mod. Just a shade under two grand. That's all I know about the gun.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
nutcase
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:36 pm  Reply with quote

I have a Rizzini Aurum Light. Don't know if it's still made now that the 16ga frame is available. I/C and MOD chokes are std. as far as I know.

I would say it is a very well made gun overall. The only problem I have had is that the finish on the forend iron wore off after one season. Haven't called Rizzini USA about it yet, but I plan to.

MGF
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:17 am  Reply with quote

If you're at all interested in the F.A.I.R. guns, here's a Model 900 with a straight grip. It's marked at $3,300, but I've seen some of the other Cabela-stocked 900s discounted to $2,799, and I bet the gun could be had for that. Just a suggestion.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/ft_worth/european_sg/393240_fr_fw.jsp?hierarchyId=11653
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:55 pm  Reply with quote

My 6 pound Rizzini Aurum light:

Highcountry
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

onefunzr2 wrote:
My 6 pound Rizzini Aurum light:

Beautiful gun there onefunzr2! Very Happy

rizzini 16
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:38 pm  Reply with quote

I own a Rizzini 16g Teutonic 28" and I love it. I shoot clays. The gun comes up nicely and has a beautiful swing without all that 12gauge iron out there. I have just recieved a longer barrel (30") which is at Briley being drilled for chokes as Rizz 16's come only fixed. Orig. barrel is I/C I/M and quite versatile. I use spreader loads in the IM tube for inside pairs.

I also own a Rizz 28g Aurum 30" termed "the magic wand" also a lovely fine shooter. Expect the phony "case colored" finsih to depart quickly tho, no big deal to me.

One thing-often an expert gunsmith (I suggest Bud Fini at Rizzini USA in WestChester, Pa.) has to fine tune the barrel selector mechanisms and trigger pull as they come from Italy less than well tested.

Still in the O/U format there isn't much around in 16.