16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  hello from a new member...new to 16 ga....old hunter...
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:42 pm  Reply with quote

gspchip wrote:
I live in central Iowa...been in the midwest for 15 or so years....grew up in East Tennessee/Southwest VA mountians...dad would buy my 4 older brothers and me a gun when we were about 11 or 12 years old...mine was an old remington hammer double with damascus barrels..

my son and I are avid bird hunters and both have german shorthairs.... hunt pheasant here in Iowa and SD...hunt sharptail and chickens in SD and some quail in southwest Iowa.... recently bought a couple of older 16's..... redoing the wood on one now, waiting for the other......eager to get them out for little spin...

...so please tell us about these 16's....what are they? Very Happy

gspchip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

britgun.... one is a 1926 vintage nitro special...it is pretty good shape but the wood was hurting a bit....i am currently redoing it and am in the final stages of putting oil on...it is a wee little bit loose but the bores look excellent..double triggers with M/F chokes and 28 inch barrels..

the other is a hunter special i just purchased on auction arms... i am excited about it.... if as represented it looks to be in nice shape... 1940 vintage with single trigger... M/F chokes....28 inch barrels.... been using a beretta 20 ga o/u last few years since the weight of my 12 sxs started feeling a little heavy.... i have a 1966 beretta sxs....

i got interested in 16's a while back and thought some older american guns might be nice.... i think the lines of a 16 sxs is very pleasing unlike the 12's

check out the hunter special....the auction number was 7884699... just got an email from the gent i purchased from and he had got my payment and is going to ship out tomorrow....