16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Merkel 1622
grousewoods
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

I have seen the 1622 with the coin finish maybe it's the american verson of the 122 get out you check book! My what to look at the Arrieta"s for the money of 1622! 2 cents
Mattkcc
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:32 pm  Reply with quote

Spar varnish has UV inhibitors in it.
fastarget
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:36 pm  Reply with quote

I know Arrieta is probably second on the spanish food chain, but i am not sure it is as good quality wise as the merkel. To be fair you woul have to compare a similar model to the 1620. From what the Merkel people said, the 1622 is a 1620 with fake side plates, that will run you 700-1000 more .....action is the same.....after looking at a bunch lately....seems like the 1620E, stands out........
grousewoods
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:30 pm  Reply with quote

Fastarget I would say the 1620 is a very nice gun for the money and the E and EL are a good bang for the buck for sure, I don't think you can go wrong. If you ask enough people they will clam one brand is better then the other I think it all comes down to what gun fits you the best if your looking at different guns to buy. I think a 1620,E or EL will make it to my door sommme day> Good Luck
fastarget
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:57 am  Reply with quote

I agree that the fit is the most important factor.....that is why my selections are narrowing down so much.....I have been spending time just shouldering guns and finding what fits....some are not available in my area, I like the looks and reputation, just concerns me to order something and not have it shoulder well.........
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:57 am  Reply with quote

Fastarget, I saw a NIB 1620 yesterday at Scheels in W. Des Moines, $3500. Heck of a difference from the 1622! That same store, by the way, has a very nice looking 47 SL, 12ga, for $5600 new.

Fit . . . don't know if you saw the previous post I made, but don't assume that all Merkels of the same model have the same stock dimensions, even though they're supposed to. Dave Erickson and I put two of them on a counter at Cabela's, side by side, and it was clear that there was about 1/4" difference in drop.
CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:10 am  Reply with quote

Galazan has the case color lacquer.

https://secure.netsolhost.com/connecticutshotgun.com/data/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=126

Matt
grousewoods
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:25 am  Reply with quote

CF16 have you used this before and if so how does it hold up? Or has anybody else used it?

Last edited by grousewoods on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Highcountry
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

fastarget wrote:
Highcountry,
How is it in Parker? we are in grand juntion, where did you find your 1620?

Magnificent day today! Temp in mid 60s with very light breeze and it supposed to be in the mid 70s for the weekend. How about you guys?

I picked up my 1620 from Cabelas' Minnesota store. Larry Brown posted that he saw it in the store so I gave them a call and made a deal.

We are going to have a Upland Journal members clays shoot here in April if you are interested. If so, I will forward you the details when they are firmed up.

Cheers - John

fastarget
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:47 pm  Reply with quote

John,
Beautiful here, 66. I have a line and a nice price on a 1620e...
Spent the morning at scenic mesa ranch in Hotchkiss. Orvis lodge.
wow, the hunting was fantastic, they have 5 stand, sporting clays and we were treated very nicely.....used my 525 feather, carried well for over 3 hours, and made me look good when it came to shooting, almost asking myself why a 16 with these new 12s, that carry like a 20....

yes drop me a mail when you know when the shoot will be and we will try and make it. Regards
Carl
Highcountry
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

fastarget wrote:
John,
Beautiful here, 66. I have a line and a nice price on a 1620e...
Spent the morning at scenic mesa ranch in Hotchkiss. Orvis lodge.
wow, the hunting was fantastic, they have 5 stand, sporting clays and we were treated very nicely.....used my 525 feather, carried well for over 3 hours, and made me look good when it came to shooting, almost asking myself why a 16 with these new 12s, that carry like a 20....

yes drop me a mail when you know when the shoot will be and we will try and make it. Regards
Carl

Carl,
The shoot has been finalized and is scheduled for April 21. It will be at Quail Run which is east of Franktown on Hwy 86. Any other 16ers in the area are certainly welcome also. PM me for more details.

John

CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:00 pm  Reply with quote

Fastarget: PM me about that place in Hotchkiss. I'm always kicking around in Montrose looking for places to hunt!

Matt