16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  ammo prices heading north
wildweasel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:17 pm  Reply with quote

16ga RGLs at BPS now 4.49/box. They also pushed up the cost of delivery by about a buck.

Last year at this time they were 3.69/box...then up to 3.99 at the end of last year and now 4.49.

They also stock winchester game loads but not in 16ga. When Dick's has RGLs, I can get some but they only stock them like 3 months out of the year. Does anyone know of a place that will sell these and ship cheaper? Probably impossible to find..... Mad
hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

Same price here in Il.----Best stock up now--prices are sure to continue the trek north Evil or Very Mad The problem with not being able to find any local is the cost of shipping Mad
flyline
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

I picked up a few flats last year at BPS for an average of $3.79 a box. Have about 12-15 flats in inventory, which should last me for a while. Just picked up 2 bags of shot at Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday for $28.50, which is more than I paid a couple of months ago. Yes.....prices are going up. Sad
TJC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:05 am  Reply with quote

Makes me happy I bought all the RGLs I did last July. I've got 17 flats in storage in 7.5s and another 2 or so in 6s that I use once in a while for upland. Wink
And to think I almost sold them all when I did a brief fly by with a 12ga for trap and clays. Shocked

bustingclays
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:15 am  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

I was in Springfield MO at the BassPro on March 7/8th and bought 6 cases of RGL in 7.5 and 8s for $36.50 per case - all they had or I would have bought more. I also bought about 6 individual boxes at $3.99 per box.

I left 2 cases of 6s sitting there Crying or Very sad - I already have about 4 cases (mixed loadings) of 6s in the basement and this will last me for many trips to Kansas (even with revdocdrew dipping into the stash Wink ).

I also still have 10 cases of RGL on a rain check at Rural King in Litchfield IL for $32.90 per case Shocked I'm not sure they will ever show up as I still hear rumors that Lone Oak is closing and the Rem line of shells is going across the pond somewhere.

For those of you with shot woes, I still have about 40 bags in my personal stash (not for sale) and about 15 bags 8.5s up at the club (must be a member Razz ) at $23.00 per bag. Rumor has it that the next 2 tons brought in will go over $26 per bag.

Rolling Eyes

Dr. 16 Gauge