16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  My addiction grows
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

britgun wrote:
old16 wrote:
Stop, stop, stop.
I was going to wait till Saturday to fell the recoil of one of my 16's on skeet.
I am having a relasp. I can't wait no longer. I'm going to get the Parker down off the wall and go out and blow the heck out of something. I don't no what but it has to be with a 16. Its the only prescription that will calm me down. This place is not good for the weak minded 16'er.

go find some pigeons someplace (sky rats)...it always helps me at times like this....

Duncan, Do you know how many pideons are in Central Park?

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:46 pm  Reply with quote

Prussian Gun Guy wrote:
britgun wrote:
old16 wrote:
Stop, stop, stop.
I was going to wait till Saturday to fell the recoil of one of my 16's on skeet.
I am having a relasp. I can't wait no longer. I'm going to get the Parker down off the wall and go out and blow the heck out of something. I don't no what but it has to be with a 16. Its the only prescription that will calm me down. This place is not good for the weak minded 16'er.

go find some pigeons someplace (sky rats)...it always helps me at times like this....

Duncan, Do you know how many pideons are in Central Park?

hey bro, if you've got the hookups....set it up, and I'm in!! Wouidn't that be a gas? Driven sky rat over decoys.... in central park....

Duncan

Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

Those kind of contacts I don't have.

But I did get a $125.00 summons once because the setter caught a pigeon in Battery Park, across the street from an eleven acre hole in the ground that's called the "Trade Center".

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
jig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:22 pm  Reply with quote

Britgun - that would be the stuff of movies. In fact, I'm gonna write a script with that in there. It'll be kind of a pseudo western comedic drama about an english guy that migrates from the UK to Montana via New York city. His girl that lives in new York city won't move out to Montana with him, but is adamant that he needs to move back to new york city from Montana cuz she aint budging. Then as kind of a statement as it were, he decides to show her why he can't live in NY city by organizing a driven sky rat/tree rat shoot in Central Park. Yep that would have em rollin in the isles and the aisles. Thinking of the cast as we speak..........Oh, of course the girl ends up moving out to Montana ha ha. Then itll turn into kind of a "green acres" parody of a parody.
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:26 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Britgun - that would be the stuff of movies. In fact, I'm gonna write a script with that in there. It'll be kind of a pseudo western comedic drama about an english guy that migrates from the UK to Montana via New York city. His girl that lives in new York city won't move out to Montana with him, but is adamant that he needs to move back to new york city from Montana cuz she aint budging. Then as kind of a statement as it were, he decides to show her why he can't live in NY city by organizing a driven sky rat/tree rat shoot in Central Park. Yep that would have em rollin in the isles and the aisles. Thinking of the cast as we speak..........Oh, of course the girl ends up moving out to Montana ha ha. Then itll turn into kind of a "green acres" parody of a parody.

It's brilliant, let's get a director, producer, editor, cast and crew, and get after it......PGG can get us in the park, where we will begin "shooting".....

britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

Prussian Gun Guy wrote:
Those kind of contacts I don't have.

But I did get a $125.00 summons once because the setter caught a pigeon in Battery Park, across the street from an eleven acre hole in the ground that's called the "Trade Center".

c'mon man, work your magic.....

sprocket
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:33 am  Reply with quote

you gotta be careful - it would be really easy to fall into a re-vamp of croc dundee - fishing with dynamite and all...
britgun
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:57 am  Reply with quote

sprocket wrote:
you gotta be careful - it would be really easy to fall into a re-vamp of croc dundee - fishing with dynamite and all...

that would be OK, too, multiple hits, that's why we scattergun in the first place, it takes multiple hits to bring stuff down....dynamite on trout? Same principle... so it's appropriate for this site.....multiple hits, it's all about filling the bag... Very Happy

Grousen
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:10 am  Reply with quote

MGF wrote:
"But I do love bird dogs and bird guns. Get me in the field with a good friend an even slighty talented dog that wants to hunt for and with his partner, a live-handling bird gun ... and my soul just lightens up and I feel human again. On a really good day of walking with a dog and gun, I feel like a happy little kid again ... the pressures of the world slip away and I'm just awed to be there".

Amen brother. My Brittany and bird hunting (oh yeh, and skeet too) gives me a piece of heaven on earth, and makes the 60 hour work weeks a whole lot easier to handle. Thank God for that one day off a week, and an understanding wife.