16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Can't believe what I just viewed
jig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:26 am  Reply with quote

Oh my God Boyz, I have just come away from the "on Demand" portion of my cable provider and they were showing scenes from a new animated cartoon movie entitled "Open Season". The premise: A domesticated Grizzly bear that lives somewhat near the woods with a human family is befriended by a "wild buck". The wild buck let's the Grizzly know all sorts of things he never learned before and ultimately takes him into the woods to teach him the ways of the wild. Then, suddenly its hunting season and they and the entire woods animal charachters are under seige by stereotyped, knuckle head appearing idiots. The rest of the story is of course, the animals making the hunters look even more stupid and waging an impromptu war against them. This is what Hollywood is going to try and show the youth in America today. I almost puked. In fact, as I sit here, I'm still nauseous. Good God, what's this world coming to. This cartoon film wrapped in the guise of a cartoon (kind of like the devil in sheeps clothing) is targeted at adults and children alike and makes an unabashed portrayal of hunters as monsters that wage an unfair fight (though the animals win) against the wild kingdom. Do not let your children see this!!!!!! It is just another attempt (and very crafty) by hollyweird to make a socio/politcal/cultural assault on hunters. Its absoluttely sickening. And, that they would resort to this type of medium is even more repulsive becasue every kid in the world is going to want to see it. I'm praying to God as soon as I'm done writing this that he allowed me to be born no later than he did. Enjoy your 16guages and hunt as much as you can until you die. If you hunt with your children, take them as often as possible. Explain the motivation of this type of message hollywood society tries to shove down their throat for those old enough to understand. I'm sick, sick sick with this. I have never written anything like this or been as motivated to until I saw this on TV. Cartoons are not even sacred anymore. Now they have to make a social statement too. And the way they stereotype the hunters would prompt a lawsuit from almost any other cross section of society in existence today. Its pathetic that they think they can get away with this without fear of retribution by the rule of Law. Yet, do we have a large and rich enough body to fight this type of stuff. If this was a portrayal of an ethnic minority instead of hunters, there would be absolute hell to pay. I'm talking millions if not billions of $$$ in lawsuits. Where's our protective body?????????!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? I'm disgusted. We should file a 16GA Society law suit ourselves-any lawyers in the crowd??? I would gladly give every cent I could in a drive to take this movie off the circuit. Its a total insult/assault on everything we believe in and stand for.
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:52 am  Reply with quote

Maybe "Bambi's Revenge" would have been a more appropriate title. Sad

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
jig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:24 am  Reply with quote

Or better yet this subtitle:

Hunters are blockheaded Frankensteins out to dessimate and terrorize wildlife".

Hey, Elmer Fudd was funny but this takes the whole thing to a completely different level. Even buggs got blasted on rare occaision, same with daffy.
But in the end, it wasnt a commentary at all - just plain fun. This thing is in a whole new league of insidious campaigning and brainwashing. And, damn if it isnt funny as hell too.