16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Reloading questions from a newbie
ckirk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:50 am  Reply with quote

Greetings,

Forgive my ignorance, but I am relatively new to the discussion board and to the world of 16 gauges. I am interested in reloading 16 ga. shells. Thanks to my granfather, I have two old, but fully functioning reloaders. They are Pacific (now Hornady) models DL-350 set up for 12 ga. and DL-366 set up for 20 ga. Did Pacific/Hornady ever offer 16 ga. set ups for either of these old reloaders?

I would rather convert one of these loaders to 16 ga., as opposed to dropping coin on a new reloading outfit. Hornady's current website lists no 16 gauge reloader in their line up. So, it seems acquiring new equipment is out of the question. But did they ever make a 16 ga. set-up? Is there a chance I might find some old Pacific/Hornady equipment for sale somewhere?

Thanks,
Chris
SShooterZ
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

For what you would pay in converting either of those reloaders, and the headache of doing so, you would be better off finding a used MEC 600 in 16 gauge. Your cost would probably be flat and you wouldn't have to bugger with changing everything out. Believe me, changing all the tools on a reloader to a different gauge is a PITA.
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

Take a look on Ebay. Try searching on 16ga, 16 ga, and 16 gauge. I think there is one for sale now.
Best,
Ron
sprocket
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:41 pm  Reply with quote

on Ebay - I usually search "MEC" then go down to sporting goods - sometimes there's pistol magazines in the search filter but you find the presses easily enough

Oh and search down in the reloading forum here - many here recommend the Sizemaster by MEC for a starting point.
ckirk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. After reading your comments and speaking with the nice lady at the Hornady service dept., I'll be searching the web for one of those MEC's that has been recommended.

Regards,
Chris