16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Gulf Coast Guns got me again....Ithica NID comin....
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:15 am  Reply with quote

.....well, the Model 21 got held up at the UPS hub in Illinois and is about a week late (storms and such), the Elsie stock and action got shipped off to revdoc's stock wizard in Big Wonderful Wyoming for a crack job supreme, and the barrels are getting opened to IC/IC here local....what was I to do, the delayed gratification was killing me.....

Happened to breeze over to George's site, I mean just for grins, it was totally innocent, (but I am a little jealous of txshootist because he scored TWICE off George, and me only the one)......anyhow, there she was, just as purty as you please, a 1937 NID, with factory beavertail (I should have at least one, right?)....and we haggled over the price, me being such a steady, faithful customer and all, and oh heck, boys, I slipped and fell again, but this is it, honest, I am done, especially after all the recent "polished turd" chatter, oh the shame, oh the indignity, I'm....so....so.....weak.....

(can't wait to get it)

http://www.gulfcoastguns.com/1125.htm

brit

sprocket
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:35 am  Reply with quote

Nice catch! Now quit it, yer killin' me...
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:30 am  Reply with quote

....please tell me why you like them, I know little about them, save that the NID is probably the sturdiest of the lot, as it has improvements over earlier Ithica doubles....

thanks, eager to learn, and hear your experiences and opinions on this model,

brit

Highcountry
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:21 am  Reply with quote

Congrats - nice looking gun! Very Happy

Keep them coming!

britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:17 pm  Reply with quote

Highcountry wrote:
Congrats - nice looking gun! Very Happy

Keep them coming!

dude, don''t encourage me, PLEASE, I gotta stop, I've got a problem... it even has a BEAVERTAIL!! Somebody stop me......

jig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:44 pm  Reply with quote

Nice Brit!!!! Wish I could shoot those durn things as much as I enjoy looking at them. Youre gonna have to buy a new house for all the dang guns you have. I have this one friend who has a house with an entire gunroom built to his exact specifications. He 's hunted all over the world and his entire basement is like a museum - even has a giraffe! who's head winds up into the open space of the spiral staircase. School children take field trips to this guy's place to view the stuffed animals. The gunroom is hermetically sealed like a bank vault, complete with that huge locking mechanism. All environmentally controlled for humidity, pressure, temperature etc.......that's what you need.
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:54 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Nice Brit!!!! Wish I could shoot those durn things as much as I enjoy looking at them. Youre gonna have to buy a new house for all the dang guns you have. I have this one friend who has a house with an entire gunroom built to his exact specifications. He 's hunted all over the world and his entire basement is like a museum - even has a giraffe! who's head winds up into the open space of the spiral staircase. School children take field trips to this guy's place to view the stuffed animals. The gunroom is hermetically sealed like a bank vault, complete with that huge locking mechanism. All environmentally controlled for humidity, pressure, temperature etc.......that's what you need.

......not hardly. I shoot "polished turds", remember? Crying or Very sad I DO need a Greater Kudu, 55" plus, but other than that, I'm content... the only guns I hide are the ones that are kind of pricey (like the 21's) and the ones I really really shoot well, regardless of value (like "Yvette", la petite wand of death (baton de mort) de la France).... no, I'm just a hardware store gun guy.... Very Happy

jig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah right. Brit - I don't think its very politically correct to keep discussing your shooting and mastering of "Polish Turds". I mean think about it, the ramifications are staggereing. And while I may have a problem with Buckmarks on or in my undies, your fetish with polish turds....well....its just plain wrong. And how will they feel when you start speaking of all those French Turds.
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Yeah right. Brit - I don't think its very politically correct to keep discussing your shooting and mastering of "Polish Turds". I mean think about it, the ramifications are staggereing. And while I may have a problem with Buckmarks on or in my undies, your fetish with polish turds....well....its just plain wrong. And how will they feel when you start speaking of all those French Turds.

your quite right, I have been terribly insensitive and have offended multiple Europeans.... a thousand pardons to all foreign turds....

txshootist
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

Way to go, Duncan! How the hell did I miss this one? Really, I'm out of the market for a while. George does seem to shoot straight, and I keep watching for other "good" deals.

We want to see the "Polish" job when it's done. So get your digital camera all prepped and ready to snap some great pics.

Marc
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:14 pm  Reply with quote

txshootist wrote:
Way to go, Duncan! How the hell did I miss this one? Really, I'm out of the market for a while. George does seem to shoot straight, and I keep watching for other "good" deals.

We want to see the "Polish" job when it's done. So get your digital camera all prepped and ready to snap some great pics.

Marc

We're tied at 2 apiece, Marc, I'm done, too, apparently, he had only put it up a couple days back.... I always wanted an NID, so now I think I can come up for air for awhile.... when I get them all assembled and tweaked, I'll do a pet parade for y'all.....

Duncan

Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

Hello. My name is Duncan, and I am an addict.

Admission is the first step to the cure.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
SShooterZ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

Remember, rehab is for quitters... And I ain't no quitter!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

SShooterZ wrote:
Remember, rehab is for quitters... And I ain't no quitter!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

yeeeeehaaaaa, though the model 21 debacle took the wind out of my sails a tad..... I WILL survive...

nossman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:53 am  Reply with quote

Nice Gun!