16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Re: In Shock and Pain - An inconclusive conclusion
brdhnt
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

Hello My Friends,

First. let me thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts, prayers and words of condolence. They have helped even though the pain is still so great.

My vet is also a good friend and a long time hunting buddy. He was just out of vet school fifteen years ago when I took my pup in for her first check-up. We've been friends and hunting buddies ever since.

The results of the autopsy, is that he is at a total loss to explain what killed her. There was no sign of trauma, no sign of foul play or poisoning. There was some indicators on her eyes of possible asphxyiation, but there were no signs on the trachea or in the lungs that she asphxiated or stangled or choked on anything.

He told me that the other doctors in the clinic couldn't come up with any possible causes either. He said that one said that it was almost as if God struck Dolly down.

One more way I can relate to Job.

Carl is going to do some blood tests, but he was honest enough to tell me that we may never know what killed her and that her death that will be one that will always bother him because healthy, energetic young dogs don't just die. Even though she did.

Needless to say, this information has made the void deeper and darker.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, I definitely need them.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Terry
________
Love Lyrics Advice

Last edited by brdhnt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
cdansan
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

I had a dog die from a "subvalvular aortic stenosis", the tissue between the heart valves break. He just fell over and was dead. He showed signs of asphxyiation also, blue tongue and eyes rolled back in his head.

I feel for your loss, it is a terrible feeling to lose one for no reason.

Dan
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:09 am  Reply with quote

I hope the cause of death will be determined----I lost one to a brain tumor and another to a heart attack Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:23 pm  Reply with quote

If it is any consolation, finding out the cause won't change anything.

She's gone. You were as helpless to prevent it, as I have been on any of my dogs as the vet was putting them to sleep when I held their heads one last time. A dog's life is about a calendar page in a human's, and some months go by more quickly then others. It is a sad thing.

Keep on keeping on, and spend some extra time with the other dogs. I'm sure they can use it after this weekend.
Best,
Ted