16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16 bore trap and skeet shooters: What guns do you use.
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:54 pm  Reply with quote

Well I shot the 200 singles on Thursday and came in with a 161 hanging my head in shame .

Thursday evening My Buddy the Doc called me with a question about a pistol , after answering the question I had one for him , I ask him if an infection would affect your eyesight ???

He said to me what is going on ?? what did you do ??? I proceded to tell him about a Red Mole that I had scratched off of my chest one night in my sleep about 10 days ago and then the next morning I ripped off the part that was hanging , well the next morning I had a puss pocket about an inch high , I poped this and it just kept bleeding , I got this under control, so the next morning I had the same thing only now I had a string of them running up to the ball of the shoulder with lots of red anger around them .

Now me I hate taking anything in the mediction line but then I was helping restructure an area in the Hospital packing out the items were removing and a gust of wind came up blowing the dust in my face , I choked and gagged for some time with a sore throat coming on .

The next morning at 3PM I awoke to find I could not swallow , so I gargled for the next hour and went to work , still I had not told anyone about all this thinking I could lick it .

Doc jumped all over me and told me to come see him and I showed him the place , he called a script in for me some antibeotics and I took the first one at 6PM on Thursday then one before bedtime and went to shoot on Friday

I broke a 73 in the doubles but I ran the last 50 straight so I was getting better that was on Friday

On Sat I shot the 200 singles on the first hundred I ran a 97 I missed one target by mispointing it and the other two by forgeting I was shooting a Pull trigger and trying to release the trigger then flinching like a big dog ( hard to shoot a pull trigger after 20 years of shooting a Release trigger )

On the second hundred I came in with a 99 ( I flinched again attempting to release the triggger )

This gave me a 196X200 in AA CLASS this is not good enough it went down to a 197 to get in a shoot off Champion was a 200 and RU 199
Class was decided between 197s for Class and RU I was out of a shoot off by 1 target

The response was outstanding everyone wanted to talk about the 16ga and what I was doing so it accomplised what I had hoped .

I think in the future we will see some big names drop in on us because of my showing at the shoot it will be interesting when this happens I think we will all recognise the names .

Thanks for all the support I didnt run the 200 but Kansas is coming up and I just might jump out there and make attempt again at running the 200 with a 16ga game gun with 3/4 OZ loads , I hope I can get my sister to stay with my 88 year old mother she is going back in to get another cataract taken off just before the shoot starts so I am not sure about going but I am in hopes of being able to do so will keep everyone posted

Regards Charles