16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Found a grabber for sale...
chopper
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:13 pm  Reply with quote

New in box, though a couple of years old, for $250. Is this a good price? I have not started to reload yet and was thinking about a single stage, but the $250 has me rethinking the single stage. The seller mentioned he thinks it has the older style primer feed. Not sure what that means. Any concerns with the grabber over the single stage?
Hal M. Hare
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:37 am  Reply with quote

Chopper-
Check Cabella's website for prices. I have 4 Grabbers and they work well. They are well made and easy to use. Don't worrt about the 'old style' primer'. That means is holds only 100 primers instead of 200.

mdoerner
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:56 am  Reply with quote

No pun, intended, but...."Grab it!"

You can use the progressive like a single stage loader if you like, just make sure the charge bar lock works correctly. Or maybe that's without loading the powder and shot bottles. Eh, someone will chime in with a definitive answer.

Also, make sure you take an exploded diagram of the loader with you, just to make sure no parts are missing....

Mike Doerner
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:58 am  Reply with quote

I'd also "grab" it unless you are not going to load many rounds. In that case I'd look for a good used single stage for less that $100.00. Otherwise, if you see yourself cranking out target loads on a regular basis, by all means jump on it. That's a good price for "new in box" Grabber. Your learning curve will be slightly steeper starting on the progessive Grabber, but if you are reasonably adroit you'll pick it up fairly fast. I've got three Grabbers (12,16,28} and I finally retrofitted two of them with the new MEC primer feed. The new model auto-primer feed is a better unit, but I did OK with the older style most of the time.

I see Cabelas has the Grabbers for #344.95 plus shipping.