16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  New info on Ithaca
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:50 am  Reply with quote

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=110741

Some new info on Shotgunworld about Ithaca. It still remains to be seen if they will survive in the marketplace.
XVI'er
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:07 am  Reply with quote

I agree with one of the posters in that thread, they WILL have to cut costs in the production and they MUST re-introduce the NID. Product line is too thin for just a pump.
M D Christian
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:02 am  Reply with quote

I doubt they'll ever make any guns, at least not in volume. They cant produce the NID at a price that would interest enough people to be profitable.. Look at Steve Lamboy.. I don't know the Marshalls, probably nice folks, but what are their credentials, as far as gunmakers. They were going to make a better Model 37.. What was wrong with the old one. You don't make a gun for 70 or 80 years, if it's not perfect.. All the modern tooling will not eliminate the hand work (that very few people are capable of doing) that it takes to make fine guns, especially a SXS... MDC
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:33 am  Reply with quote

I was really hoping these folks would come through for the rest of the folks who would like a modernized version of a 16 ga 37 with a rib and choke tubes. No other pump gun handles and functions as slick as a 37 IMO. The 16 ga version is the best of all for quickness and effectiveness on upland birds.

Since I already bought a pair, one a DXVR model from 1969 and one from the the King's landing guns plus a 24" upland barrel with tubes for the newer model, I've really got no dogs in this fight. However, I'd have been all over a scaled down .410 and/or 28 ga model 37. I doubt it will ever happen now. That is a shame. Now I've got an inkling of how past generations of double gun fans felt when companies like Parker and Fox went under.

Maybe Browning might someday decide to have Miroku whip up a batch like they did with the Model 12 Winchester. The 37 is a Browning design so why not. One can hope.