16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Cabela's 16 ga sxs shotguns
bustingclays
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:47 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

A plethora of discoveries:

1st - Cabela's I believe (see previous post re sale flier) has mismarked the Brittany Classic as a CZ when in fact it is a TriStar

2nd - TriStar has TWO versions of this sxs series the Brittany and the Brittany Classic on their web site

3rd - Cabela's has the same picture under both guns and the Brittany (not the classic) has a straight stock - both pics in the Cabela's ad show modified prince-of-wales

all can be seen here at TriStar

http://www.tristarsportingarms.com/side_by_sides.html

dimensions and weights seem OK - wonder about the choke tubes and whether others would fit Question

that would be cool in 16, 28 and 410 - a matched set Cool

sale price is less than MSRP - go for it....

Dr. 16 Gauge
Bald Eagle
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:27 am  Reply with quote

Who makes Tri-star? that is to say, are they US made, Turkish made, Spanish made etc.?

Jim
berg
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

I believe the Brittany is the same gun as the now defunct BSA Imports, made by Zabala. Some of these are still available on the auction sites for "a bit" less than Tri-Star's msrp. Their o/u's and semi's are made in Turkey.

berg
XVI'er
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:53 am  Reply with quote

Tristar is made by Zabala Hermanos( brothers). I guess I am the poster boy for them, as I have responded on several boards about them, including this one. Ol' Southern Lawyer has a 20 as well as a 16 bore. I'm seriously considering getting one in 28 bore to compliment my 16. I am currently testing this gun and will post my findings on this and other boards as I have time.

I did get to handle their BSA / (also a Zabala)Imports O/U in 12 and 20 bore. The overall fit and finish is the same, but the 12 is too heavy for an upland gun, probably in the 7 3/4 to 8 # range. The 20 is a little better at about 7 #. They ar very pretty case colored recievers and well blacked barrels. This is the kicker, $499 at Academy stotes here in TX. The Tristar Brittany lists for $699. The 28 bore I looked at was $799. IMHO, a d*** good value for the $$$. The 16 bore should be available in the brittany and Brittany Classic ( POW grip ) on special order from Cabelas, but the price will be higher. I suspect that with enough intrest they might stock it in future.But there would have to be a ground swell of inquiries or e-mails.
Hal M. Hare
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:10 am  Reply with quote

CDNN is offering new Spanish 16 gauge SxS for $500.00--this looks like a deal to me. Not sure who made these, however.

Lefty Dude
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:36 am  Reply with quote

Who is CDNN ? And is there a link or something.
berg
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.cdnninvestments.com is a distributor that does a lot of close out stuff, you can get some of it at decent prices. Currently for 16 gauges they have the Spanish made Charles Daly Field II Hunter, and the Rem. 870 youth synthetic.
I've ordered a couple of things from them over the years. They will let an individual order/pay with credit card and ship it to your ffl (must be on file before ordering).
To look at the firearms they have, you have to download the catalog, so I hope you are not on dialup.

berg
Lefty Dude
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm  Reply with quote

FWIW, The cabela's in Glendale, Arizona have 8, 16 ga Brittany Tri-Star's in stock. I checked one out. Nice piece, but in my estimation not worth the $899.00 price tag. Maybe $ 699.00 gun.