16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  New Ithaca selling at Sherrif's Auction?
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:46 am  Reply with quote

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=115082&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

This report was on Shotgunworld.com. If true it looks like the new Ithaca is finished before it ever got started. A shame, but not unexpected.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:49 am  Reply with quote

Now is the time to look for one of the originals in good shape at a decent price--at a recent show in Pa. I found one that was neither Embarassed
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:44 pm  Reply with quote

Hoa,

I hear you but Ithaca's are scarce in central KY and when you do find one it is almost always a 12.
FG
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:32 am  Reply with quote

Just got off the phone w/Ithaca....While the website is down, they are alive and well in Ohio. Fortunately this appears to be a nasty rumor and they are still dilligently working on having production of ALL parts in house (wood, bluing, barrels, etc., etc.).

It seems they got out a little in front of themselves by launching the "New Ithaca" website too soon. They were really not quite prepared for having to do as much clean up from the old Co. in many regards......service, and people who had deposits on new guns.

They have taken a step back to get caught up and take care of all the people left out in the cold when things shut down in NY. Sounds like they are making quite abit if progress. God Bless 'em.

Looks like priority is the 12's and the Deerslayer's (rightfully so), and that they do have someone working on blueprints for a 20ga.....probably about two years out.

Best,

Fernando

Best,

Fernando

P.S.

High Standard Flight King 12ga
F. Sarriugarte sxs Magnum 10
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:45 am  Reply with quote

There was another posting about this yesterday on Shotgunworld.com in the Ithaca forum. Seems my title for this thread is misleading. Apparently just the property is being sold. The property listed apparently is the location where the guns are assembled currently. What this means for Ithaca in the future is uncertain. I suspect those who have managed to acquire Ohio made 37's have purchased what will be a rare variation in the future.
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:29 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=118914

Apparently Craig Marshall had to sell Ithaca and is now the President of the company. Based on my experience these type arrangements don't last too long. New owners have a way of picking a guy's brain and then forcing him out. Hope the new owner has deep enuff pockets to keep Ithaca going.