16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  ? about Rem Game Loads @ Dick's
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

To all the gents who bought their flats in the last 2 months: did you buy any 8 shot? RGL168?

They had a sale in mid August. I got a rain check for 5 flats. I finally contacted the local store, and asked if they forgot about me. After getting the phone handed off to 3 underlings, I finally got to speak to the store manager. He said they have not handled them for 18 months, can't get anymore and basically said my raincheck was worthless.

I know I bought some RGL flats there this summer, but paid cash, so the cash register receipt went flying. Can anyone positively identify the stickers on these carton end flaps as coming from Dick's Sporting Goods? Click on the pic for larger image.

I know I bought 7 1\2's from BassPro cause the UPS shipping label is on every flat. That's why I'm thinking those in the pic must have come from Dick's.

Back To 16 Gauge
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

I have bought over 60 flats of 16 gauge RGL's in the last six months. I have been to six different stores in four cities and have not seen a box of 8's in 16 gauge yet. Only 6's and 7 1/2's in stock.
Draht guy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:01 pm  Reply with quote

I've only been only to find the 7 1/2s at the local Dick's. Wish I could find 8s.

Kevin

mike campbell
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mike campbell on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

I'd bet a dollar to a donut (now there's an archaic saying--priced donuts lately? Rolling Eyes ) that the popular local game birds hunted tend to influence the shot sizes ordered. Stores now keep track electronically of what sell's most in the region. Here in the Northeast, the two most popular game birds are pheasant and grouse. The Regional Dick's stores sell 6 and 7-1/2 GL16 gauge ammo. In the South where quail and dove rule, it's 7-1/2s and 8's.

However, my local Dick's store will order the #8 shot if I'll take them by the case. If I order it during the sale and they can get it at the same price, they will extend the case price to me. I just plan ahead a bit.

Now back to them donuts. Can anyone tell me where I can still get my favorite? It's the original Dunkin Donuts toasted coconut cake style donut. It's way better than those phony butternut coated ones they foist off now. If you've never had one, you are missing something.
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

What I'm missing is 5 flats of GL168's. Dick's corporate customer service rep, in essence said, "good night charlie." That's another archaic saying, but it still means I've been holding onto a 2 month old rain check that Dick's won't honor in any way, shape or fashion. "Not worth the paper it's printed on;" well you get the archaic meaning gist: I'm still screwed!

16gg, would you mind taking your donut search to a new thread? Perhaps one about dunking them in hard liquor would get a response?

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 am  Reply with quote

They probably could not get them at the sale price. It happened to me a couple of years back too. However, sometimes I get them. It's a year to year thing.

As for dunking donuts in hooch, it kills the taste and is a waste of a fine toasted coconut donut (and good hooch as well). Only a heathen would do such a thing. Laughing