16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  RGLs at Dicks
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:07 pm  Reply with quote

I went to Dicks today to pick up a couple of boxes of Remington 20ga slugs for deer season, besides I had a $20 awards coupon.
While there I saw a few boxes of RGLs in 7.5s. I asked if they had any flats in the back and they came out with 2. Not a big score but with the sale price plus the 10% off and another Group Discount (have no idea what this was but hey I'll take it) I got 2 flats for $75. That didn't even figure in the coupon I had which was more than used up on the slugs at $12 a box.

But at least I added another 2 flats to the inventory. Very Happy

onefunzr2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

While you were there, you should have inquired about GL168's. It couldn't hurt.

Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

Yesterday, I picked up a case of 7 1/2's and a case of 6's. Tax and all, $80.00 and change. Could have gotten another. Then I came home to a $10.00 check redeemable at Dick's. Looks like I'll be going back.

But, what's going on with the 28 ga. loads? Cheapest I could find was $13.00 a box.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:53 pm  Reply with quote

onefunzr2 wrote:
While you were there, you should have inquired about GL168's. It couldn't hurt.

I did, they had none. That's ok, I still have 10 flats of Federal's in 8s for sporting clays. The 7.5s are my trap loads.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:01 pm  Reply with quote

T---You did well on that---stopped in the Rural King today they were six bucks a box---- Evil or Very Mad only shot in stock was sixes---I have enough to get me by for awhile Wink
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:33 am  Reply with quote

I've been seeing the Remington Express (yellow & green) boxes of 1 1/8 oz. #6 and #7.5 for anywhere from $10 to $13/box--Ace Hardware has a 20% off sale today and I bought 1 box of #6 and 2 boxes of #7 1/2's for $26.90...not a great price but cheaper than I know they'll be come Jan. 1.....

MGF
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:17 pm  Reply with quote

Wolfchief wrote:
I've been seeing the Remington Express (yellow & green) boxes of 1 1/8 oz. #6 and #7.5 for anywhere from $10 to $13/box--Ace Hardware has a 20% off sale today and I bought 1 box of #6 and 2 boxes of #7 1/2's for $26.90...not a great price but cheaper than I know they'll be come Jan. 1.....

Good grab. I love those Rem Express out of my FAIR 16s. They've knocked 'em down hard for me, and are almost 1/2 the price of Federal Premiums. I always have some on hand.
MGF
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:28 pm  Reply with quote

TJC wrote:
I went to Dicks today to pick up a couple of boxes of Remington 20ga slugs for deer season, besides I had a $20 awards coupon.
While there I saw a few boxes of RGLs in 7.5s. I asked if they had any flats in the back and they came out with 2. Not a big score but with the sale price plus the 10% off and another Group Discount (have no idea what this was but hey I'll take it) I got 2 flats for $75. That didn't even figure in the coupon I had which was more than used up on the slugs at $12 a box.

But at least I added another 2 flats to the inventory. Very Happy

A score is a score, my friend. Much like a casual round of skeet, we're not judging 'em, we're just counting 'em. Good god, man, you're like a 16 ga.-shell vacuum cleaner Exclamation

Myself, my last gun/shell purchase got me with $200 in Cabela's bucks. Also got one $10 certificate from Dick's and another on the way. Hmm...wonder where that money will go Question

Birds are in the freezer, gun's clean ... nap time. God, I love the upland life! Very Happy
birddog
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:37 am  Reply with quote

Would be nice if the Dick's here in the Quad Cities carried 16ga shells.
Wink Charlie
Scolari
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:55 pm  Reply with quote

You might ask at Doicks if they could order them. I just stopped in and bought a few boxes of RGL in 7 1/2. No 8's in stock. The sticker said $4.49 but they rang up $4.18 at the counter. I know the manager at Wall Mart said she could order shells for me but it would have to be 5 cases minimum.
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

Scolari wrote:
You might ask at Doicks if they could order them. I just stopped in and bought a few boxes of RGL in 7 1/2. No 8's in stock. The sticker said $4.49 but they rang up $4.18 at the counter. I know the manager at Wall Mart said she could order shells for me but it would have to be 5 cases minimum.

The 2 Dick's stores near me both informed me that they have absolutely no control of inventory.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:50 am  Reply with quote

The one near me said the same thing, which was surprising until the asst. store manager told me he didn't know anything about guns or ammo. I told him I believed him. Dick's are dicks.

Case in point:
I visited in January. I asked where certain muzzleloader stock was. Clerk told me they take the display down when the season is over and use the floor space for other things. I said the muzzleloader season is still going on. No reply. I asked why, if the store only displays merchandise for the current conditions, was there a perpetual golf display when we had 2 feet of snow on the ground since the beginning of December. A shoulder shrug was my answer; he didn't work in the golf department. Dick's are dicks. How they ever became this countries largest sporting goods retailer is beyond me.

Back To 16 Gauge
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:59 am  Reply with quote

They may not know squat about what they are selling but they are the cheapest place I know of to buy Remington Game Load 16 gauge 7.5's. Still less than $4.00 per box.
TJC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:40 am  Reply with quote

Scolari wrote:

The issue with ordering from Dicks is that they can't order from corporate due to the set allotments by the company.
BUT, what they can do for you is to request transders from other stores. I've had it done twice for a total of 38 flats of RGLs in 7.5s. Unfortunately they couldn't locate any 8s for me. That's ok, I'll take the 7.5s. Very Happy

You just need a manager that is willing to do it for you. Wink