16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Chukar, me & The Goose and an Ithaca 16GA
jig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:30 pm  Reply with quote

Well, this was my Thanksgiving day since I'm freshly divorced and don't have a family anymore. Yeah, even my step children have been turned against me by the extreme bitterness that is the embodiment of their Mother and my ex-wife. But, i have to be thankful for my beloved dog Goose and these great birds thje good lord presented us this fine and very cold day.

AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:42 am  Reply with quote

Nice mess of birds! Taken with a classic Model 12 16 no less. What part of the country is that?

I love my birddogs - they never turn on me. Very Happy

Best,

Mike

jig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:33 am  Reply with quote

That my brother is North Central Washington. About 150 miles west of Spokane and about 200 miles east of Seattle. About an hours drive east of Seattle and things change rather dramatically in WA State. Most folks think that its all rainy, mossy and grey. But from the Cascade Crest eastward, if i blindfolded anyone and dropped them off, took off the blindfold and said; "guess where you are?" most would prolly guess just about anywhere except WA State (unless they'd been there before). Looks kind of similar to Nevada, East Oregon, wyom, Texas etc.
AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

The picture also reminds me of Swift Current, Saskatchewan and parts of Kansas.

Best,

Mike

larry
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:06 pm  Reply with quote

JIG,
Good looking dog and birds. Are they wild chukars? It looks like farm country to me. Are there wild birds in central Washington? Larry
britgun
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:52 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
That my brother is North Central Washington. About 150 miles west of Spokane and about 200 miles east of Seattle. About an hours drive east of Seattle and things change rather dramatically in WA State. Most folks think that its all rainy, mossy and grey. But from the Cascade Crest eastward, if i blindfolded anyone and dropped them off, took off the blindfold and said; "guess where you are?" most would prolly guess just about anywhere except WA State (unless they'd been there before). Looks kind of similar to Nevada, East Oregon, wyom, Texas etc.

...looks just like eastern Montany.... and sure hope you're better lookin than your bro Smile

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:02 am  Reply with quote

Please tell me those are wild birds. Shocked Very Happy
AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 am  Reply with quote

Britgun wrote "and sure hope you're better lookin than your bro"

I assume that was aimed at me. I am a Brad Pitt look-a-like and have been compared to him right here on this BBS:

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2170&highlight=brad

Best, Very Happy

Mike

chorizo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:07 am  Reply with quote

Mike,

If you would just look at the camera!
By the way, where did you buy that dog with the opposeable thumbs?
Laughing Laughing

With things as bad as they are in Oregon, Washington and Idaho for chukar, it is not a bad thing if he hunted plants! Got to give the dogs a chance to work.

britgun
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:07 am  Reply with quote

AmarilloMike wrote:
Britgun wrote "and sure hope you're better lookin than your bro"

I assume that was aimed at me. I am a Brad Pitt look-a-like and have been compared to him right here on this BBS:

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2170&highlight=brad

Best, Very Happy

Mike

Now Mike, you're paranoid, man, I was looking at jig's pics of his dawg and brother with the store bought chukkars and the 16 pump..... I already know you're hot.... Very Happy

AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:00 pm  Reply with quote

Chorizo it is very obvious that you haven't been to a movie or watched TV in twenty years!

And Britgun I think you dissemble.

Best Very Happy

Mike

jig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

Damn Brit - must be true about what they say about the sheep in montany if your talkin about dude's being "hot". Guess i better stay clear of any barbed wire while I'm ther next month.
jig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

Thems are store-bought Chukars I'm so pained to say i can barely stand it. First time in my life and hopefully the last. But dang, whattya do for the poor lab that starts to wonder what all the trainings for? That dog had the time of her life and I wouldnt trade that for the world. She got those 4 chucks, and 8 roosters as well. Only one bird was missed and she brought that one back alive. Should a seen it. She was literally running underneath the missed rooster looking up at break-neck speed. When it landed, it landed darn near in her mouth about 4 yards out. I had a pal with me that used to work at one of those game farms so he planted the birds for me. The guy basically handed us two boxes of birds and said "just leave the boxes under that tree when your done" he was cool. The land we had to hunt was fantastic cover and exactly as the land we hunt in anyway. It was a good operation in terms of the land they have. Also some great goose hunting in lay-out final approach blinds to be had there. At least it wasnt the usual sage brush crap land that Ive seen at the other game farms ive visited, but never partaken in. This was for my dog-period. Though I will say the birds were the highest quality gamefarm birds my pal had ever seen. All birds were strong fliers, and fly they did. Right into the loads from that 16GA ithaca, and/or from my 12GA Parker. The chukar were all executed with the 16GA, the pheasant all with the 12GA Parker.
britgun
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Damn Brit - must be true about what they say about the sheep in montany if your talkin about dude's being "hot". Guess i better stay clear of any barbed wire while I'm ther next month.

'specially if I'm sportin' hip waders.....