16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  How ironic (but I miss my shirts)
MGF
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:09 pm  Reply with quote

So, even before this uncomfortable situation at work, I'm looking at my closets going, "Man, some of this stuff has to go!" So, I put aside a couple nice things for my bro, a couple more nice but barely used things for a couple guys at work, put a couple things in the cold-weather emergency bag for the truck, and then I start a charity bag for the rest. When the task was done, I thought it had been a spot of fairly efficient work. But I still felt like I had a lot of clothes and gear for a single guy.

So, today I go to the laundry to pick up my wash-and-press ... and they'd had a break-in over the weekend. I lost two of my favorite button-down shirts plus 9-12 other items, such as nice mock-Ts and pleated khakis...the stuff I generally wear to work. The only real bummer: The two button-downs were Columbia prints, one with pheasant and the other with Labs. Crying or Very sad

The owner of the shop is supposed to call me about my loss. I'll take something if he has it to give. But in all, I had to laugh at myself. The higher power giveth and taketh away, and you don't necessarily get to say when. Laughing And I've imposed I no-restocking rule on myself Exclamation

The nice thing about weird times, you learn to cry, laugh or just shrug ... but to say thanks to the above on waking and going to bed. And, I think I've honestly enjoyed dealing with people more the last few days. Maybe my soul has been needing a spritz of Clenzoil. Wink
AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:14 am  Reply with quote

Could be worse. I have a formerly wealthy formerly retired friend that lost his shirt in the stock market bust after 9-11. He has had to go back to work. Wouldn't that be a bummer Very Happy

Best,

Mike

MGF
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:17 am  Reply with quote

AmarilloMike wrote:
Could be worse. I have a formerly wealthy formerly retired friend that lost his shirt in the stock market bust after 9-11. He has had to go back to work. Wouldn't that be a bummer Very Happy

Best,

Mike

Darn straight. Who the heck needs more office clothes, anyway? My best wishes and prayers for your friend.