16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Tribute to Corby....
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:53 pm  Reply with quote

I want to pay respects here to my nephew's Golden Retriever, Corby, who passed away today after 9-1/2 years. Corby was one of the friendliest, most intelligent dogs I have had the pleasure to know. She was hell on pheasants and best friend to my nephew, Dennis. I was fortunate enough to hunt with her one last time the day before Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania.
She hunted hard for a couple of hours, then slowed down and just enjoyed walking the fields with Dennis.

She and Jaeger had great fun during our visit there. We will all miss her.

Happy hunting Corby......

Last edited by Birdswatter on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Highcountry
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:17 pm  Reply with quote

RIP Corby, sounds you made the world a better place in your short, sweet life.

jrothWA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 pm  Reply with quote

The day we all dread, some because we're forced to, for others' a higher calling.
The pain will fade, the ache will linger....

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth.
So, each day they run and play until the day comes when, one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!
You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace,
Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated...
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:06 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you, on my nephew Dennis' behalf (he hasn't seen this post) for the kind words. Corby was an exceptional dog. Happily, Dennis and his wife have located a new pup to fill the void, and will get her sometime in mid February. She is somewhere in here.................

And so the hunt continues...........
XVI'er
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:48 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing with us. I love to see dogs- especially hunting dogs- in candid shots like these.

It never gets easy to lose a good friend, but just think of all the fun you'll have when you finally meet at the end of the long road. Wink Very Happy