16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  new loads from Winchester
Dave Esau
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:40 am  Reply with quote

Has anyone used any of the new Winlite loads? They say they come out at 900 fps and develope great, consistant paterns at the 30 to 35yd. range. I saw numbers for 12 and 20ga. Don't know if they come in 16. My shop said he hadn't seen them and would probably be $9.00 a box anyhow.Oh well.

Scolari
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:33 pm  Reply with quote

Dave, I've seen them on websites in the past but I just looked at a couple of sites, www.gzanders and www.grafs and couldn't find them. Graffs does list a 20 ga lite 3/4 oz, 7 1/2 at 1075 fps. Cost $66.59/case made by Fiocchi. No they are not available for the 16 ga. If you want that lite of a load in 16ga, you'll have to reload it.
Scolari
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:57 pm  Reply with quote

Dave, your shop owner friend was right. The shells are listed on www.able ammo.com They are 7/8 oz, #8, 980 fps for $9.60/box.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

Why do the ammo companies have to overcharge for so called specialty loads Evil or Very Mad This should motivate even the most stubborn to reload for themselves.In this case other than training or cowboy I see litle use for the 900 fps load---I load all gauges to 1200 fps to keep things simple Wink
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:25 am  Reply with quote

hoashooter wrote:
In this case other than training or cowboy I see litle use for the 900 fps load---I load all gauges to 1200 fps to keep things simple Wink

There is a big difference in recoil between a 7/8th ounce load at 900 fps and a standard target load of 1 1/8th ounce at 1200 fps. This sounds like an appropriate load to start a youngster or lady with.
Dave Esau
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:49 am  Reply with quote

I'm interested in them because I have an old model 335 Stevens SxS. I bought some Win. 1oz. no. 8 loads that are about 1065fps. They work great on clays. I also bought some Rem. loads that are rated at 1200fps. My old Stevens doesn't like them. I haven't patterned the Rems. but I was having trouble getting the correct lead. I guess I will just reload and quit whinning Smile