16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Please help me find a Webley and Scott 16 ga BLE gamegun
strato-caster
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:31 am  Reply with quote

Been looking for over two years now- not even a near miss! Have seen the two currently available on the net (Cabelas and Steve Barnett), but don't like the way they are configured.

I am simply looking fo the standard 27-28" 500 or 700 series boxlock. Spinter fore-end, double trigger, preferably ejector, decent stick of walnut that has not been cut then extended. 14 1/2- 15 LOP, somewhere in the the vicinity of 1 1/2" DAC and 2 1/2 DAH. and around 6 lbs, plus or minus a couple of ounces (preferably minus).

You wouldn't think that this would be that hard to find- and they aren't in the UK, but the import fees are atrocious.

Please E-mail or PM me if you know of one in good shape or another comparable brit gun that might fit the criteria.
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

Check with:

www.vintagedoubles.com

-or-

www.hillrodandgun.com

Both are decent people to work with.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

Strato-Caster:
If you find a source please let me know. That would be a great gun to own if I could find it in tight chokes.

I do know where you can get a really nice Alex Henry 16 bore with 2 1/2" chambers that is in original condition. I looked at it both for myself and my son but the dimensions would not work for my son and I already own an Army & Navy SLNE with similar chokes.

It has 28" barrels, BLNE, DT, English grip, exceptional balance, 14.5"+ LOP, great barrels with at least .032 - 6" from muzzle, and is choked .01 R/.015 L. A perfect grouse or quail gun. The gun is all original with maybe 50% case color. The wood is nothing to shout about.

The last time I looked at the gun it is priced right at $3,300. You will look along time to find a nicer English 16 for that money.

If you are interested post on the general discussion as "Chicago 16 Bore" and I will call the owner and put you two together.

Mike
Brian Meckler
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/