16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Browning 16 ga Invector chokes
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

Hello All, I just bought used Citori, it came without wrench and extra tubes, I need a wrench and Cyl, Skeet and Improved Cyl. chokes. I can buy them new, but wanted to see if someone had used spares. Please PM me or email at 88milowlrey@sbcglobal.net88, remove all the 8s. Thanks, and enjoy the day, Mike
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

Hello All, I ordered some today at $14 each, enjoy the day, Mike
chilly460
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:50 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I have a bunch of Invectors and Briley Invectors in 16ga for sale on shotgunworld.com
Hunter&Hound
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:19 am  Reply with quote

I need a couple chokes for my Citori. Skeet & I/C.

I was looking on Briley's site, but I couldn't find Invector-Plus in 16 gauge. Are Invector and Invector-Plus interchangeable?

Chilly, if you have a Briley Skeet & I/C to part with, just drop me a line.

Thanks!
gunsrus
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:08 am  Reply with quote

Invector and Invector Plus are NOT interchangeable . There has been some discussion about Browning chokes actually being what they say they are . Briley chokes are right on .
Hunter&Hound
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 am  Reply with quote

gunsrus wrote:
Invector and Invector Plus are NOT interchangeable . There has been some discussion about Browning chokes actually being what they say they are . Briley chokes are right on .

I talked with the folks at Briley today. They assured me the Invector would work in my Citori. They're on the way, so we'll find out really soon.
Amarillo Slim
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

I have extended Brileys in my Citori 16's and they work great!! The patterns are much better than the std invector patterns. Flyers are down by about
20 % as compared to the std chokes. My 16's with the extended Briley chokes shoot approx 60% in the upper half and 40% in the lower at 35 yards on a 30" pattern sheet. This works fine for me because I have a tendency to float targets about 1" over the rib. Probably reflects back to my shady trapshooting past and the high ribbed guns.
Don't worry enjoy !!! Very Happy

Slim
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:28 am  Reply with quote

gunsrus wrote:

Not an issue in the Browning 16 ga guns at this date. They all come bored and threaded for the standard 16 ga Invector chokes and have never been made with Invecter Plus tubes. All 16 ga after market choke tubes for the Browning 16 ga guns follow suit.

The original Tru choke and Colonial choke tubes are the ones that do not fit the Browning. They are bored and threaded differently. Tru chokes are used in the 16 gauge Ithaca Model 37 guns with interchangable chokes. Make sure not to mix these differently threaded choke tube with the Invector style chokes. Installing a Truchoke in a Browning barrel can and will damage the barrel theads and the choke seat in such a way as to make repair impossible.

Also be aware that Tru Choke also makes an Invector style 16 ga choke. So be sure of which one you are buying before you try to install it.