16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Hello All!
otis campbell
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:26 am  Reply with quote

Hello, I am new only to the 16 ga. I have reloaded shotshell many years ago. I still reload rifle and pistol almost daily. I have bought the CZ Ring Neck 16 ga. SxS, and also a MEC 600 Jr. in 16 ga. I got some Gualandi wads for 1 oz. and 1 1/8 oz. to reload me some shells. I bought a case of REM. 2.75 " shells in #6. Also how do I go about to pattern the gun too! What reloading data do I use for these wads and hulls thanks, and look forward to being a member of this forum! Cool

Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:04 am  Reply with quote

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

RWG
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:02 pm  Reply with quote

The gualandi wad will work in the Rem. hull, but it will be a tight fit do to the wide gas seal on the wad. THat wad is much better suited for use in the straight walled hulls. Stick with a mid burn rate powder for the 16. Whatever you prefer for the 20 will work. Let us know what you have on hand or readily available and maybe we can point you in the right direction. Or just join the reloading group.
otis campbell
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:51 pm  Reply with quote

I have the Gualandi 1618B and the 1621B also, I have been shooting the Remington Field Load #6 shot. They are black plastic, maybe the SP? They are 2 3/4 hulls. I have many types of powder, Herco, Red Dot, Blue Dot, Unique and a new 3 lb. can of 425AA. My reloader is the MEC 600 Jr., it came with 23, 25 and 29 powder bushings. It is a 1 oz. shot bar. My shotgun is the CZ Ringneck, in 16 ga. of course, I just bought a case of shells to have some hulls. I found some old purple hull Federals, they are so old they are brittle. So I am at square 1! Any advise will be greatly appeciated! Thanks, Otis Campbell!