16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Pacific 366
Harry_Orwell
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 pm  Reply with quote

I know there has to have been a post along these lines but I can't seem to find it. I just received, as a gift, an old Pacific 366 with just about every everything you could wish for except the original manual and a 16ga die set. I inquired to Hornady and was told they don't have manuals available for download (except parts list) and that they used to make a 16ga die set but not anymore.

Do any of you esteemed gentlemen know where I might get my hands on either of these items. As usual, thanks in advance!

HL

mtjim
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:38 am  Reply with quote

Ebay. Saw some 16 ga. dies on their not long ago. Save you a search for the 16 ga. dies and other stuff you need and let it send you an email every day until it shows up.
NV Guide
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

You can pull the dies off an old Pacific DL-250 single stage reloader. The shell plate can be made out of one in 20ga. The crimp starter from a 12 will work fine. Order your wad fingers now from Hornady. They are still available. This conversion worked well for me. Bought the Pacific off eBay for 20 bucks.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:37 am  Reply with quote

According to a former post on this matter, Hornady does not offer a 16 ga conversion kit, but they still have 16 ga replacement parts including shell plates. You will need to buy everything "al la Carte" as it were, but it's all available. Call them and ask for one of the experienced repair and service folks. The phone reps probably are reading things off a computer generated list and do not know all they should.