16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Winchester Model 21
16shukker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

I know this is not a 16 GA gun but I have to let you all know as a community I value and combination of cash & trades will be considered.
I have fallen on some hard time and am currently offering a gorgeous Model 21 1 1/2 X 2 1/2 X 14 LOP Solid Rib SST mirror bores choked M/F Ejectors and fancier wood than I've seen on most firld model 21's. Its a letterable 21 made in 1947 and the last years they were made without beavertail forends. This gun is easily worth 7-8 Grand but I'm in a pretty dire situattion and I'm therefor offering it for $6,000 and trades with cash will be considered. I have not found a win 21 anywhere on any website like this one, so it's pretty unique in it's combination of being completely all original. great condition and the fancier grade wood.

I can order the letter from the buffalo Bill Museum for an extra $75.00 if you'd like up until Oct 2008 when my subnscription ends. I have had them read me the letter however. I don't have long to sell this and have taken it to my local Cabelas and they made me a low-ball offer ($4,000.00) but it wasn't acceptable yet. I wnat to see if I can get a more fair but still incredible bargain for anyone looking for one of these. Heck If you had more time you could buy it and do a sweet flip - I just don't have time an am advertising this gun everywhere I can. I will beat any price you can find for a gun with these attributes, but I can't seem to find one so far. Thanks!!! Someone is going to get an incredible bargain somewhere.
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

Is it a 12 ga.?
16shukker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

No-sorry it's a 12GA, but it's such a killer deal you guys should cut me some slack. You just never know and at this price, you either will get a great model 21 to have for a long time (like I was hoping to) or you should be able to do a sweet flip and make some good profit - I just don't have time and will feel like crap should I have to take it to Cabelas and totally give it away so the next time you see it, it will be all of 7 grand or more.

I have surfed every site there is and have yet to find a field model 21 that stacks up to this one. Not only due to original condition, but wood quality. Either there weren't very many made to these specs, or there just aren't any for sale. Sure, there's plenty of field models, but most are post WWII with beavertails and wood that isn't as fancy. Or, earlier ones in rougher shape and plain wood and/or refinished or altered. This gun is exactly as it left the factory save for a few very miner scratches and some worn blue in the usual areas. But other than that, I doubt it's been used much. I have never even fired it. I just could never bring myself to take it very far from the safe. Of course I also bought it right at the end of hunting season last year, so I haven't really had an opportunity to hunt it either. I bought it from a private party that was it was inherited by from a relative.

He didn't really know what he had, but right or wrong I helped him and gave him a very fair money for it. But I'm not looking to profit right now just get some needed cash and /or a gun I can hunt (or will) hunt with.

I'm just not the type that can bring myself to take this pretty collectors piece out in the field. I thought I could, but not at this point in my life. Also it's just about the most valuable thing I own that I can actually (hopefully) sell.
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:07 am  Reply with quote

Can you post some more photos?
16shukker
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:51 am  Reply with quote

yes - I will tomorrow
16shukker
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

Keith Lovelady
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 pm  Reply with quote

Hello. Is the gun still for sale?
mattlewis
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:41 am  Reply with quote

yeah, and what about the Mary Kay strat and the blonde Champ???? Very Happy
16shukker
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

Just a quick bump to let everyone know that it's still available.
This gun is very unique and I haven't found one even close to this condition or specs for the money. Someone is going to get a very nice W21 at a great price.

I have been in all my local stores and everywhere online too to find one like this, in this condition at this price - they don't exist!

Feel free to ask me question or ask for further information

Last edited by 16shukker on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 pm  Reply with quote

mattlewis wrote:
yeah, and what about the Mary Kay strat and the blonde Champ???? Very Happy

Question Question Question Question
16shukker
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:56 am  Reply with quote

Bump - still for sale