16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Bill Hicks Specials
Scolari
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:47 pm  Reply with quote

I just got the latest sales catalog from Bill Hicks & Co. For those that do not know, Bill Hicks is a wholesale outfit in Minneapolis. He has been instrumental in getting Browning to do a number of special runs of the 16 ga Citori. I purchased one from him in 2003. I just thought I'd share some of the 16 ga guns he has on sale. This is some of the best pricing I've seen. He sells to FFL holders only. Good to deal with. Phone # 1-800-223-0702

Citori 525 field, 26,28"bbl. $1459 and get a free Winchester Wildcat 22 LR rifle with every 525 field purchased. (not sure what kind of rifle that is)

Citori 525 Sporting Clays, 28,30,32" bbl. $1999 and get a free leather/canvas hard case with each purchase.

Citori Lightning GR VII, 26,28' bbl, blue or grey reciever, $2999

Citori Lightning GRIV, 26, 28" bbl, $1899

Citori Lightning Feather,26,28" bbl $1399

Citori Lightning 26, 28"bbl $1199

Citori White Lightning 26" bbl $1249
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:07 pm  Reply with quote

Those are very good prices. For example, check out Cabela's price on a USED Grade VII........$2999. vs. $4499? Even when you consider Cabela's usual higher-than-normal pricing, that's a huge gap!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/sidney/browning/1096783_cit16gr7_rp.jsp?hierarchyId=10472
Birdawg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 pm  Reply with quote

It is nice to know the wholesaler price. Are you willing to resale for those prices minus the transfer and shipping cost?
Question Question

to be considered flaws or defects.
Scolari
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:19 am  Reply with quote

I just posted this in case someone wanted one of these Citori's at a good price. These prices are good through October. I thought about one of the White Lightnings but they only had 26'' bbls. I have a lightning with 28'' bbls and really like it. I'd like to stick with the longer barrels. As I said, I've ordered from them before and they are nice to deal with. All you need to do is get someone with an FFL to order it for you.
spr310
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 am  Reply with quote

Well. I just did it. Just got back from the dealer and have a lightning 28" on hold. Reeds up here has the same gun on sale for $1499.00. I'll save myself a few dollars. Never had a Citori befor, but my sons will just be getting a little less money.
spr310
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

Picked up my new Citori 16 gauge lightning today. $1300.00 tax included. Just finished cleaning it up. Nice wood also. Weighs in at 6 lb 13 oz's. Fits on the wall nice with my two Browning BPS 16 gauges. I like the round knob on the stock. I'll be trying out this week. I've finished all of my jobs for the year, so it's me and the dogs and the grouse untill South Dakota. Probably a couple of trips up to the local preserve for some chukars. Never tried any chukars untill last year training my young dog. Sure are good eating.
jmc5000
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:34 am  Reply with quote

Hello,

Is this deal only for dealers that have an account with Bill Hicks Co.? Or, can anyone with an FFL expect to pay these prices? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Regards,

jmc5000
bdicki
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:11 pm  Reply with quote

I think those prices were only good till October 1.
spr310
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:22 pm  Reply with quote

jmc5000 wrote:
Hello,

Is this deal only for dealers that have an account with Bill Hicks Co.? Or, can anyone with an FFL expect to pay these prices? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Regards,

jmc5000

The dealer has to have an account with them. The dealer I went through did everything by fax. He called in the morning and the gun was shipped that evening and I recieved it the next day. Of course that fast service was because I'm also in Minnesota.