16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  NEW WAD MOLD AND THE RELEASE DATE .
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:48 pm  Reply with quote

Ron they are pulling your leg .

But I just went to their site and found no reference what so ever about any 16ga product from DownRange.

I spoke with Arnie today and they still have yet to send the slides out to the heat treaters .

They are just now cutting the sub gates in the slides , but this is the last thing to be done and it is turning out to be a pain in the side , for this is set up on a compound angle and they are making fixtures to hold the thing so it can be milled and drilled .

He told me he was sorry but with the one mill going down on 4 occasions it is the best he can do .

I am reasonable sure we will be swinging by Hastings on the way up to the Dakotas for the film hunt with a Mold in the back .

Sorry folks I am more wound up than you all about this , more is riding on this than just getting wads out .

Regards Charles

VERY SOON THOUGH THIS WILL PASS .
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:12 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks Charles,
I will be patient and await you or Kevin with the final word. I am still using the old Winchester wads with the old Winchester hulls. I look forward to the new wads.
Best,
Ron
bigric
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

I've been tuned out for a LONG time. Does anybody have the status on these? The WAA16 clone is flattering, but I generally reload Federal cases, so this is more my style.
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:28 am  Reply with quote

When I got back on Wensday to working back for the Instrument Maker welding on the Catilist Reactors , Jeff told me that he had been down to Arnies and he had the slides back from the heat treaters .

Now I had been holding my breath for this is a VERY CRITICAL phase of the whole thing , ( would they warp all the way to Texas or not ) Jeff told me the things turned out wonderful .

I went down to see Arnie last night before coming home and the one slide warped .001 the other .002 YHHHHHHUUPPPIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE this is wonderful news and they are assembling the slides now , very good news for me indeed .

I am intending now to take the mold to Downrange on the way back to the Dakota's on the 7th of Nov. when I go back hunting , this will save me an additional gas bill.

Its coming just a wee bit longer .

I CANT WAIT , I CANT WAIT , SMILING I WILL GET SOME WADS SOON AND A PROGRESSIVE RELOADER FOR THOSE WADS , YEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

Regards Charles
Hootch
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:52 am  Reply with quote

Waiting on those wads and data!