16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16 Gauge Hammergun
old colonel
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:42 am  Reply with quote

I have to let it go to defry the cost of buying a LC Smith 5E

I brought it on Guns America as an additional toy but I have to sell some guns so it must go.

I have not done anything with other than shoot it twice since I got it. I shoot Gamebore Low pressure loads only.

16 gauge hammer double by W. H. Tisdall. 30" Damascus barrels with 2 1/2" chambers, choked .000 and .010. Both bores have moderate pitting scattered throughout. There is ample barrel wall thickness (minimum .039) to hone them out. The barrels have some dings (very minor, but I should note them as the guy who sold it to me did not, and they have had some exterior surface rust cleaned up by the muzzle. The stocks are English walnut with a round knob grip and horn butt. The toe has been cracked and repaired. Otherwise, wood is solid with no cracks or chips. Checkering worn on forend, still crisp on grip. Vacant silver name plate. Pull-off forend. LOP 14 1/4 x 1 7/8" x 2 7/8". Gun locks up very tight. Nicely balanced at 6 lbs. 5 oz. This is a field grade shooter, not a show gun. $600

Send me an email and I will send photos. my email is michael.dittamo@us.army.mil

Note my disclaimer ALL vintage weapons should be inspected by a qualified gunsmith prior to shooting.[img][/img]