16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  DR16 load in Federal Hulls
oldcoldranger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:14 am  Reply with quote

I am looking for some loads using the new DR-16 wad in Federal Hulls. I have been able to get the following powders: Green Dot, International Clays, and Universal Clays. I have both Remingtion and Winchester primers. Components are hard to come by here in Alaska and this is what I have been able to find.

I am going to use them in my Citori on clays so low pressure is not that big of a concern. If there is also one that has lighter recoil I would like that as well to load up some shells for my son. If not I found one in the LPG file using the Claybuster WAA16 clone that I will try.

Thanks
willie02
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

I'am waiting on the same thing. Been waiting I thought someone would have posted some Federal loads by now
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

That's also the hull I'm going to start working with now tha work has settled down.

oldcoldranger, I think you probably have everything you need as fas as components go. I'll probably start with Int. Clays and go from there. I also have Green Dot and Universal Clays on hand.

I'd like to find a 7/8 oz load in the 1200 fps area (give or take depending on the gun I'm shooting).