16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  American Select--DR16
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:20 am  Reply with quote

Has anyone worked with American Select powder and the Federal hull/DR16 wad yet? (7/8 oz load)

How about American Select with the DR16 in the other hulls?

I might as well work up something with AS as long as I'm doing the Int Clays. I'll be working with Federal hulls for now. Target is 1200 fps with pressure in the 9-10K psi range.

Be back later...
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:03 pm  Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I have a 3/4 oz. load with American Select at Precision Reloading waiting to be tested.

It is in a Cheddite Hull. I want to see what happens with this load first and then I will move on to the Federal hull and possibly a 7/8 oz. load.

BTW I really liked the American Select with the 3/4 oz. payload, shot a few rounds of skeet with it, seemed like it had a future.
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

dogchaser37 wrote:

BTW I really liked the American Select with the 3/4 oz. payload, shot a few rounds of skeet with it, seemed like it had a future.

That's good!
kgb
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:37 pm  Reply with quote

Dave, American Select has worked well with other 3/4oz and 7/8oz combinations, it should be a good one with the new wad as well--at least I believe it will. I switched to it in 1oz 12ga loads and it's worked great with those.

kgb
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 pm  Reply with quote

Well, I started at 15.5 grains and worked up in 1/2 grain increments to 17.5 grains. Hopefully I can see a trend and get one around 1200 fps to send in for pressure testing.

If the rain holds off I'll have some velocity data for the Ameican Select and Int. Clays tomorrow night.