16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16ga Browning Citori - Price Reduced *SOLD*
rpm
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:24 pm  Reply with quote

I am selling my 16 gauge Browning Citori and thought I'd offer it first for sale here first, after a week I will be moving it to one of the online auction sites. This gun is one of the 2002 16 gauge Brownings and I have owned it and hunted it every year since 2004. This one exhibits very little wear and is testament to the quality craftmanship - the trigger guard does show minor wear along one edge and I foolishly wore my wedding band without glove during a round of sporting clays which caused a series of small impressions on the underside of the forearm. Outside of that, there are some minor marks on the wood from use which do not penetrate the finish.

I have never experienced any failures to fire with this gun though the bottom firing pin has been replaced twice due to soft Cheddite primers. I did replace the ejector springs with softer 1911 firing pin springs to make the gun extractor only - I still have the springs and they go with the gun. Original box and docs, Full, IC and Modified factory chokes plus two aftermarket Browning Skeet chokes, Briley 16 ga choke wrench and two A-Zoom aluminum snap caps all included.

The gun is mechanically excellent and the wood is in great shape. I am happy to take any add'l pictures per request - please be patient, I have a busy work schedule. I want $1200 plus actual real shipping costs, if your FFL will not accept shipment from a non-FFL, please add $40.

Additionally I have a MEC Sizemaster and probably around 800 209 primers which I can include for an additional $200. **This will only be available with the gun or after the gun has sold.**

Pics, click for bigger:

Last edited by rpm on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 am  Reply with quote

Sounds like you are leaving the 16 ga fold RPM. I hope someone here has the smarts to jump on this one. The price is a good one, and the 2002 guns were pretty much problem free. At least, I've never heard any complaints about them. Someone with some sense is going to end up with a good gun at a decent price.
manofthewoods
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:16 pm  Reply with quote

I'll second the above.

As an owner of a superlight from that same "run" of Citoris...

I can say mine has been a solid performer in all conditions. No FTF's Smile

steve007
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:27 pm  Reply with quote

This looks like very good quality wood for a Gr. I. Better than average, for sure. Can't go wrong with a 16g. Citiori for the price. If I could have only one gun..
rpm
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:26 pm  Reply with quote

I'll take $100 off the asking price down to $1100 (plus shipping and FFL transfer if applicable) if sold on this site - I will be moving this on Saturday evening to one of the online auction sites.
Square Load
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 pm  Reply with quote

What a deal!!!!!! If I didn't already have one I would buy it.

Current 16ga. Stable

Browning Citori Gr I
Browning Belgium Sweet 16
A.H. Fox Sterlingworth
Remington 11-48
Remington 31
Remington 870
Geco/J.P. Sauer BLNE
Winchester Mod 12
Hammer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:55 am  Reply with quote

Have sent a PM.

rpm
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:41 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer wrote:

Have sent a PM.

Sold pending funds to Hammer. . .
gsilber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer,

Congrats on the Citori. I bought a 16 ga White Lightning 28" from the 2001 run off of one of this sites members back in 2007 for $1250. Its a great field gun and the only gun I currently use for Iowa pheasants. I did have a lower barrel FTF problem that I solved by putting in stiffer hammer springs. ($19) No problems since then.

Enjoy.

Hammer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 pm  Reply with quote

Plan on using it on Idaho pheasants and chuckkars.

What load are you using on pheasants ?

gsilber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:29 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer,

In north central Iowa where I hunt, all public hunting land requires non-toxic loads. I shoot 15/16 oz #4 steel on public and on private land I use 1 oz #7.5. I also shoot over a pudelpointer and favor cylinder and skeet chokes. Most shots are within 20 - 25 yard, but occasionally I have some 40 yard shots .... either the steel or the lead can crumple them at that distance.

I'm confident you'll love the Citori ... most do. At 6.75 lbs. it carries like a dream. I've been invited out to Idaho to hunt chuckar by the breeder I bought my dog from ..... hope to take him up on the offer one of these years.