16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  browning bps 16ga.........
87016ga
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

..........who wants to see one on the market? they make limited runs of citori's!!! why not the bps?? comments,questions,any body?

just an informal poll of sorts
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:40 pm  Reply with quote

I'm way ahead of you on this one. already been requested. Browning promised an answer in a couple of monthes. I asked about the gun on a twenty weight frame. Something is up for sure. I'll keep you posted. It might be a model 12 reissue though. That would be nice too. A new 16 ga model 12 w/ribbed barrel. Sweet! Either way, its a winner.
87016ga
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:46 pm  Reply with quote

i would prefer the bps myself, smoother action and cheaper to produce, which means a lower MSRP for us clock-punching joe's.
(now watch the model 12 boys come out of the woodwork) Razz
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:10 pm  Reply with quote

The only downside would be weight. BPS guns are heavy. The 12 gage all run around 8 pounds while the 20/28/410 all go around the 7 pound mark. That said I do own a BPS 410 and I do pretty good work with it considering my scores really drop off whenever i go under a 20. I could live with a 16 gage 7 pound BPS. Sign me up!
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

I'd guess much more likely a Model 12 in 16. I think there would be more interest in that gun, in spite of the higher price. Lots of Model 12 fans, and lots of the original Model 12 16's have short chambers. Would be most likely to happen if a bunch of dealers put their heads together and order a run, as they have with the Citori 16's.
TJC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

I'm not much of a shucker shooter but I'd be interested in a BPS in 16. I've owned 12's and 10's in that model years ago. Fine gun, especially the 10 ga version.

clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:50 pm  Reply with quote

larry,

as to the model 12 idea.....didn't it take browning about 3 years to unload its last model 12 repro? of course, if the guns were presold to distributors i don't guess that would matter.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

Clay, you might be right. But if my information and memory serve me right, Browning never made them in 16.
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

Larry you are correct. Browning/Winchester only did the Model 12 in 20 and 28 gauge and the Model 42. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a grade 1 42.
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

USRAC did market the repro Model 12 under the Winchester name....also the Model 42 which was a fancy affair with gold piping on the receiver and a tasteful engraving; a tight scroll if I remember correctly. This was a very nice gun; made in full choke. Mine had beautiful wood.

emiller
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:30 am  Reply with quote

A 16g BPS would be even more atrocious than the 870. Way to heavy and serving no real purpose. They make a good waterfowl gun, but are way over weight for upland.

Why hasn't Browning ever produced a light weight model. I used a 3.5 12g for waterfowl for many years and enjoyed it, but even the .410s are over built.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:55 am  Reply with quote

Why would that be so if it were built on the 20 ga. frame?
Citori16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:20 am  Reply with quote

Well, heck, since we're wishing, how 'bout a 16ga BSS...made in USA?

That and a cigarette about 2 foot long...since we're wishing and I'm quitting smoking...again. Evil or Very Mad

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:22 am  Reply with quote

This might not be wishful thinking. Like I posted earlier in this thread, I contacted Browning corporate in Utah and got some very positive signals. Something is up. Lets give it time to develop.

PS: I understand there is a new nicotene drink on the market. Perhaps it will help you from getting edgy. Either that or drop a concrete block on your foot every time you want to light up. You will forget alll about the damned cigerette. Laughing

All joking aside, it took me 8 years and about a gazillion false starts to quit. That was just over 30 years ago. Now, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than smoke a cigerette. Its worth the effort. Good luck. The nicotene drink is real by the way--no joke.
Citori16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:36 am  Reply with quote

Well, I had it licked on the patch 2 yrs ago...then I got cocky and said I could have one once in a while Rolling Eyes ...I like the concrete block idea, but I'm not so sure I could enjoy that as much when I'm driving Shocked

I'll start putting the smoke money aside for a BSS Very Happy