16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Favorite Gun Games
Researcher
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:31 am  Reply with quote

In the Wobble Skeet we were not shooting from Station Eight, but rather finished by shooting a report pair from the trap sidewalk position three 27 yard line.

mike campbell
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mike campbell on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudolph31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

It seems I'd gotten Skeettx's instructions a little mixed up. Skeet doubles from the Trap stations, OK. But we've been taking the last two pair from the Trap Ref's chair, when in fact he said the station 8 SKEET Ref's position.

We're not going to change... Our rules say the gun rests on your lap until you see the birds--no leaving early. Since it feels like sitting in a duck blind we call "Quack" instead of "Pull". The Poly-Choke is a big advantage on this one...
skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:20 am  Reply with quote

Wow! Neat, that would be a tough shot, well done, well done

Last edited by skeettx on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
rudolph31
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. But I'm usually 2 out of 4 on that one. I think I've hit a pair twice, both pairs never. Just SEEING the second bird is a challenge. Maybe as we get more daylight that'll change.
DrewpakS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 am  Reply with quote

my favorite gun games is KOS secret operation , its more realistic and a fast gameplay , dislike cross fire and special force , its too slow...

Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 am  Reply with quote

DrewpakS wrote:
my favorite gun games is KOS secret operation , its more realistic and a fast gameplay , dislike cross fire and special force , its too slow...

Can you expand on this description? I don't quite follow what your description means; I need it plain and simple. Thanks

Reno

skeettx
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am  Reply with quote

He is a scammer, first posting and nothing to do with real firearms

On line games for gamers

K.O.S. Secret Operations is a free online shooter that allows you to outfit your character with different weapons, uniforms and special abilities.
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

Back to the main topic.

One of the local-to-me gun clubs put an interesting spin on one of their sporting clays stations. What they did was set the thrower to deliver the bird just a touch above horizontal. In baseball, you'd call it a low, frozen rope of a line drive. Then, about 10 or 15 yards downrange from the thrower, they set up one of those backyard trampolines, minus the safety net and angled, not horizontal.

So, the bird goes rocketing into the trampoline and then catapults on a near-vertical, just like a towering grouse or pheasant. The thrower does go through the various angles (like at trap) so the direction the bird is going is never certain.

The first time I saw this, I had to stop, stare, and stare some more. Very cool.
rudolph31
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:24 pm  Reply with quote

Since this thread appeared last year, we hardly shoot skeet anymore. Crazy and Coon-Ass Doubles are simply too much fun. New guys that are invited to shoot with us light up like Christmas trees. If you haven't tried it, you're really missing out.
simcgunner
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

5 stand. Bunker trap. sporting clays. American trap, wobble trap, skeet
William Ross
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:21 am  Reply with quote

Sporting clays, 5 stand then skeet. All low gun, all fun(except that damn rabbit).

JNW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:52 am  Reply with quote

I mostly shoot sporting clays for the variety, but there are several other games that are excellent. Regular wobble skeet is fun because the true pairs can be very tough. Best if shot with a small bore game gun. We also shoot a game on a 5-stand field where the club has to give you some latitude. We either stand on the skeet stations or choose random spots. We take turns picking pairs randomly. You can shoot report or true pairs. This lets you break out of the stereotyped 5-stand, and you can make it as easy or as hard as you want. The other game I like is trap targets from the skeet stations. We even keep the option shot in. Wobble trap is even better! This is the best practice for pheasant hunting there is if you shoot it gun down. We shoot our last 2 targets from the right corner of the field, giving you a 55 yard or more shot at a going away on edge target. Very rare to shoot a 25 straight at this game, even gun up. None of you guys shoot gun up, do you? I don't even shoot regular trap or skeet anymore unless forced.
Regards,
Jeff
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

My favorite game lately is five stand shot from a heated trailer set by a clubhouse so you can see most of the birds. It has five wooden windows that can be opened to shoot from and a glass one for the scorer/puller. We are shooting five stand 25 round events featuring a combination of six targets for day-time use. One night a week we up it to 8 targets with ten shots from each stand for a round of 50; two report pair and three true pair. New lights too and the targets are bright and easy to see. "Happiness is a warm gun."

Focusing remains the challenge and pre-shot routines are helpful. Reno

JNW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:10 pm  Reply with quote

Two Pipe,
Are you shooting at Waukesha? That's where I first began shooting targets in 1979. Still lots of old boys shooting Model 12s and a 42 for skeet back then.
Jeff