16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Favorite Gun Games
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:54 am  Reply with quote

JNW wrote:
Two Pipe,
Are you shooting at Waukesha? That's where I first began shooting targets in 1979. Still lots of old boys shooting Model 12s and a 42 for skeet back then.
Jeff

I have yet to shoot there but may have to in 2015 because if the new requirement to shoot registered targets to maintain NSCA instructor certification. I shoot a local club in Waunekee that's fun and convenient. Reno

double vision
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:08 am  Reply with quote

Two Pipe Shoot wrote:
JNW wrote:
Two Pipe,
Are you shooting at Waukesha? That's where I first began shooting targets in 1979. Still lots of old boys shooting Model 12s and a 42 for skeet back then.
Jeff

I have yet to shoot there but may have to in 2015 because if the new requirement to shoot registered targets to maintain NSCA instructor certification. I shoot a local club in Waunekee that's fun and convenient. Reno

Two Pipe, your not that terribly for from me (LaCrosse area). Have you ever attended the Warrens SxS shoot? It's usually the 2nd Saturday in July.
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:02 am  Reply with quote

Can't say that I have. That might be an option this year. Reno

popplecop
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:51 am  Reply with quote

I like 5 stand the best, but am happy shooting pasture clays too.

rudolph31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

Our Wednesday night Skeet shoot doesn't shoot much Skeet any more, thanks to Skeettx and Mike Campbell. One round of Skeet then Crazy then Coon-Ass.

Sometimes we don't have an even number of guys for Doubles so our young Lindenwood champion is his own partner, shooting the bird then hopping to his left or right and smoking a chip. He almost always wins.

But I beat him at Crazy. Last week, anyway. I was clean when I got to the chair--remember we shoot the last 2 pairs from the Trap ref's chair--and I almost blew it when I called "Pull". We have to start with the gun in our lap and call "Quack". Anyway, "Pull-Quack" worked and I managed to hit 'em both. Missed the option and the final pair but a 22 was enough to win the dollar. Most of the guys are better shooters than me so I was stoked.
skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:10 pm  Reply with quote

Absolutely COOL!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Mike

Last edited by skeettx on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
brewer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:19 pm  Reply with quote

Two Pipe Shoot,
I have shot competitive league trap for a few years in the past, so I consider it much easier than the other disciplines. Although I have never mastered it, I still consider it fun. I do, however prefer to shoot the other sports rather than trap, because I consider them more challenging. I really have no preference for any of the other games, because the goal, after all, IMHO, is to become a better field shot. Any shooting is good shooting. I have also gone to shooting low gun at all the clay games. You don't need to be fast to hit trap targets from a low gun, just be steady and deliberate, and insert the muzzle in front of the target as you should do in skeet or clays.
Charlie

brewer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:37 pm  Reply with quote

Jagdhund,
I have done a lot of oil field work in Gove and Logan counties. I have stopped at the Oakley trap range many times, but have never found them open, and there is no phone number. How do you get in to shoot?
Charlie

rudolph31
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:38 am  Reply with quote

Well Skeettx, we shot another variation of Crazy last night. We've been shooting it "Double Doubles", at least when everyone's got an automatic or a pump. Load 4 and push the doubles button again as soon as the second shot is fired. Still gotta shoot 'em High, Low, Low, High. But last night we added the "Mystery Bird", a fifth target, High or Low launched after the fourth report. It ain't easy! Ties are settled in the chair.
skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:46 am  Reply with quote

Rudolph31
Fun Fun Fun
We have started not saying PULL, the targets just come out sometime after the shooter has closed his gun + 1 second or more Smile

Brewer
I do not know an Oakley but look here and see what you can see

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/colorado/

Mike

Last edited by skeettx on Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
jschultz
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:05 am  Reply with quote

Skeet that's what I do …. low gun and when it's closed, it is the button pushers choice as to when to let either singles or doubles fly.
jschultz
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:05 am  Reply with quote

Skeet that's what I do …. low gun and when it's closed, it is the button pushers choice as to when to let either singles or doubles fly.
Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

Boy, I haven't shot clays in over 20 years. I used to shoot skeet with another member on this site back in the early 80's in Marquette and I shot trap a few times and sporting clays once in maybe '92 or '93. I could probably use the practice but during the summer I am too busy with other activities.

Good Hunting,
Mike
rudolph31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:35 am  Reply with quote

I haven’t posted lately, but since Skeetx taught us the game, Crazy has become our favorite. And almost 8 years to the day after we began, someone finally shot a perfect game. Every Wednesday for 8 years is over 400 attempts each. And since we average 6 shooters, that’s over 2400 games. No one dreamed it would take this long.

Our rules are a little different than Mike’s. The last 2 pair are take from the Trap ref’s chair, starting with the gun in your lap. We had never gotten to the option, but agreed it would be a Mystery Bird, so you wouldn’t know where to look.

First game: January 29, 2014. First perfect game: January 26, 2022.
skeettx
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:59 am  Reply with quote

Crazy is an tough easy game.
Straights are rare. Misses are often caused by mental lapses.
Why sometime it does appear that I am not even
in the same state as the clay !

Very Happy Shocked Embarassed