16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  It's a keeper
mod11rem
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:02 pm  Reply with quote

Ok so the wind was still blowing about 30 miles an hour, but no rain. I took the Citori out to the trap machine and ran a box of shells thru it at lunch. It's great. I'm not used to such long barrels, but once I figured it out, it broke the birds in a handy fashion. Light and balanced and everything all you guys said it was. I shot up some of my hand loads (1oz/ 19.8 gr Unique) and they did just fine. nice and tight and the ejectors don't throw the empties half way to China like some do.

I'm sure I'll buy another shotgun, but I'll never get rid of this one. mod11rem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, they're nice, aren't they? Welcome to the club.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

Practice up--it's time to take that gun hunting----dove season is open ya know Wink
kgb
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:08 pm  Reply with quote

Mine's got 28" barrels as well, it's great as a target gun and I've shot Trap, Skeet and SC with it this past year. I think it's a bit front-heavy, which I like for targets. The wrist is very trim and feels a lot like a straight grip with a flare toward the back, and it comes up nice from gun-down. That's got to have a lot to do with it shooting well for me while hunting as well. However, that weight forward makes it less great for carrying. I could see how 26" or even 24" barrels on one of these guns might be preferred for hunting. Would have liked to have tried some out, but like you I just found one and bought it before I could think my way out of it. Glad I did, and looks like you are as well!

Mod11, is your gun's stock hollowed out? I took off the buttplate and there's a whole lot of wood cut out of there!

kgb
sprocket
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:25 am  Reply with quote

I shot one once - took it to a field (in Ireland) and set up a springing teal and a passing something or other.

walking back I stepped way wide of the box of clays - later at the pub, Her Dad (the gun's owner) asked my why I did it. I told him that thing was leathal and I didn't want to break the rest of the clays before they flew... We had a laugh as he commented that He wasnt carring the gun I was.

Congrats and bst wishes on the new peice.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:50 am  Reply with quote

Shoot it in good health. I would not worry about the 28" barrels. Wait til you try it out on the longer crossing shots on dove. The extra forward momentum those extra 2 inches developes will help. Plus, this gun is already shorter over all than an auto or pump with a 26" barrel and has a more between the hands feel

Moving your hand out toward the end of the forend will also help make the gun feel flatter between your hands. We don't realize how we automatically adjust our hands from one gun to the other, but we do. I find myself doing this without consious thought.

But really, just enjpy the gun mostly and don't over think the matter. You will find out in time how to make it fit better if you need to. Just shoot it a lot and then make up your mind. You will never wear it out anyway. So enjoy. Wink