16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  A plug for the 16ga Society.....
offhand35
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:53 am  Reply with quote

In the recent issue of the Browning Collectors Association Newsletter this Q&A appeared:

"Q: I'm a life member of the BCA, and looking for 16ga 2 9/16" or 2 1/2" shells for a FN Grade V+ Auto-5. Any ideas? Thanks.

A: I am sitting on two Browning 2-9/16" chambered Auto-5's myself. I was able to buy a box here and there at guns shows, but know of no-one that is currently making them. Good luck."

I sent off my response to the newsletter this AM:

"I wish to respond to a Q&A topic in the Sept./Oct. issue of the BCA Newsletter.
Interestingly enough, not only is it for the Questioner, but also for the Responder!

In regard to your questions on locating and purchasing 2 9/16" [65mm] shells for your older Auto-5 16ga., I want to let you know that there are several manufacturers currently offering ammunition. Some of them offer more than one load.
There are offerings from Eley(UK), Gamebore(UK) or KENTGAMEBORE (USA), Polywad(USA). I have also seen mentioned shells from Westley Richards Agency(USA), but did not find easy information about them online.

With that, I want to make all the Browning Collectors Association members who are interested in enjoying their 16ga shotguns aware of a wonderful website and forum called the 16 GAUGE SOCIETY. The site can be accessed on the internet at www.16ga.com
There is a strong Browning presence at this forum, specifically in regard to the 16ga Citori, the Auto-5 Sweet 16, AND the early 65mm chambered 16ga Auto-5. There have also been recent posts discussing JMB's genius regarding the design of the Ithaca Model 37!

There is a wealth of information on this site, all to do directly with the 16 gauge, with an underlying respect for Browning shotguns. I would encourage those of you who have internet access and 16ga Browning shotguns to visit this site!

[Please note that I am simply a member at this site, as well as of the BCA, and have no stake in it other than to further my own interest in the 16ga shotgun, particularly Brownings, and to encourage others.)"

Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:29 am  Reply with quote

You left out RST, they make some nice 2 1/2" 16 ga shells.
RST, Ltd.

PO Box 127, 7 Weston Way, Ctr. Conway, NH 03813-0127
(603) 447-6769 Or: 6770
FAX: (603) 447-1856

I've been getting their 2 1/2" hulls from other shooters at my club and they reload nicely.

Jeff