16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  2017 Sweet 16 Shoot
JNW
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

Again, I can't say enough about the dedication of 16 gauge shooters. They are the best! I also want to thank our sponsors:

Mark's Born Again Bird Guns
The Duluth Double Gun SxS Classic. July 21-23
RST Classic Shotshell Company
Ballistic Products
Byrdog's Shotshell Trimmers
Joe's Sporting Goods
Federal Ammunition

If you get a chance please send an email to the above sponsors letting them know how much they are appreciated.

There was one huge disappointment this year. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was looking forward to handling the world's first straight grip new A5 16 gauge. Alas, Dave and Black Belt are made of sugar and spice and everything nice and would have melted in the rain. Lets hope next year it's 75 and sunny with a light, puffy wind so they can come. Being significant members of the 16 gauge community they were missed.

Got everything cleaned up, put away and planning for next year. May 19th, 2018 will be the 5th Annual Sweet 16 Shoot. We already have ideas to tweak the event and make it even better. If you haven't attended you should. I don't know of any other shooting event that is so entertaining folks will drive for 12 hours to spend a day in the cold, pouring rain. It really is that good. The fabulous kabobs, salad and fresh fruit didn't hurt either. One thing left to do. As you know, the worst part about flamingos is cleaning them.

Regards,
Jeff
double vision
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 am  Reply with quote

Glad you all had a good time despite the crummy weather! You are all better (and wetter) men than I am. Smile
studdog
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm  Reply with quote

WELL. I showed up from 600 miles away had a great time prior to the shoot talking with fellow 16 gauge and SXS nuts. Paid my $60 bucks to help fund the great program and quickly fled east back to MI. Drove in the rain all day. I'm too old for anything in the rain. Even SEX. I had the local twins who own a LIQUOR store offer me sex in the rain and I settled for a bottle of Jim Beam. But, I'll be back next year. It's a great event! I've never seen such a large group of dumb people in the same place since the army.

df
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm  Reply with quote

Musta been some awful good Jim Beam Question
fn16ga
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:46 am  Reply with quote

studdog wrote:
I've never seen such a large group of dumb people in the same place since the army.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'll assume that translates into tough people . Wish I could have been there .
JNW
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:19 am  Reply with quote

George,
I was wondering where you went! Thought you might have drowned. On the plus side it's almost impossible to have worse weather next year.
Jeff
kgb
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 pm  Reply with quote

JNW wrote:
George,
I was wondering where you went! Thought you might have drowned. On the plus side it's almost impossible to have worse weather next year.
Jeff

Why would you tempt the fates so?!? I was hoping to attend next year, doncha know?

studdog
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:28 am  Reply with quote

Jeff, Only thing worse could have been thunder and lightening. At least that may have gotten these fanatics to quit. Quite a group of characters. Your right the weather can't get worse than that. Hope to see some of these nuts at our Tunnel Of Trees shoot this fall. George.