16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Fin and Dick's Excellent Shell Buying Adventure
MGF
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:47 am  Reply with quote

In my experience, some of the Dick's stores carry the 16s and some don't. I drove to Merrillville, Ind., the other night to check out the shell stock at a Dick's that just opened there, as well as Gander Mountain.

Dick's had no 16s on display, and the lady who was stocking the shell shelves said she didn't think she had any 16s at all. Gander had some OK hunting loads, but no real bargains. Grabbed a couple boxes of Fiochi Golden Pheasant. Sihce a lot of you guys are fond of 'em, thought I'd give 'em a try.

I'm hoping the Bass Pro Shop that's to open in Portage next year has a better selection of shells. The pickings are a bit thin around here.
tuna
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:15 am  Reply with quote

I think that the proof that no one takes the "associates" seriously is that the customeres have become the experts in the stores. I've lost track of the times someone has come up to me while I was browsing around and started off the conversation by "Hey, excuse me, but do you know anything about ABC??"
I'm clean cut, in my mid 30's and most of those seeking advice are older than me, so it isn't that I'm a Grizzly Adams lookalike who just oozes woodcraft and hunting lore by my looks. But I guess peopel are so fed up with lack of service that they'll look anywhere for advice and help.

onefunzr2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:05 am  Reply with quote

Or perhaps you look like one of the "associates." Wink