16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Rizzini BR 110
Nasty-G
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

Ordered a BR 110 16 ga with 30" barrels. Advertised at 6.4 lbs. Came in at 7.5 !! Realize there can be variables & the longer barrels add some weight, but a pound !!! Sent it back. Quite disappointed.
eng-pointer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:26 pm  Reply with quote

Good for you. A full pound is way to much variance. Obviously a pound makes a world of difference in the dynamics of the gun. I was annoyed when my AYA#2 came in 4 oz heavier than advertised.

James

"My degree of optimism is negotiated daily" Bill Snyder, Former Head Football Coach, Kansas State University
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:12 am  Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, I just now checked out the Rizzini on line page regarding the BR 110 light models. Seems the 16 is listed at 6lbs. 8 oz. which is 4 ozs. heavier the n the 6 lb., 4 oz. 12 gauge. There are also only three frame sizes, 12, 20, and 28/410. So it's almost a certainty the 16 is built on a 12 ga frame.

Not that the gun should weigh a full pound more than advertised, but I'd expect to see the 16 out weigh the 12 ga if they share the same frame. The barrel blocks and chamber areas have to be about the same size, so the 16 is going to have more steel in this area. Weight will be increased. Just how it is.

One more possibility here. Is it possible the order went in for the standard weight gun by mistake insead of the light model? The page shows the differnce in wieghts between the two versions. It's substantial.
Nasty-G
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:12 pm  Reply with quote

Their website lists a 16 ga. on a 16 ga frame also.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:21 am  Reply with quote

Nasty-G wrote:
Their website lists a 16 ga. on a 16 ga frame also.

I just checked their site again. As far as I can see, they list only three frame sizes, 12, 20, and small (28/410). Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. Please enlighten me.

Is it possible you as thinking about the .FA.I.R. Rizzini which is another company altogether? Their 16 gauge models are built on their own frame size.
Nasty-G
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

You are correct. Am looking at the FAIR Rizzini.
putz463
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:38 am  Reply with quote

Hmmm, at 7.5# it sounds like it would have made nice duck/target gun.

Nasty-G, who were you working through to get your Rizzini? Online or local? Was it special order or off the rack? Reason I ask; there is a model on the Rizzini sight that "needs" to be in my safe but will probably be special order.

thanks in advance, any info appreciated,

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:02 am  Reply with quote

I can let George reply too but I have had some experience with both FAIR and B. Rizzini. I own 2 of each but only one in 16 ga. (a FAIR). Over the last year and a half I have talked to all of the below:

B. Rizzini distributor in the US is
http://www.rizziniusa.com/
Gunnison, Utah
Office: (435)-528-5080
Cell: (435)-287-7368

B. Rizzini has gone through a lot of distributors here starting with Rich Cole, hopefully this time it will work out.

FAIR is through the Italian Firearms Group in Texas
http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/fair
James at ITG
1-800-450-1852

Another good resource is John at Quality Arms in Houston Texas. He can get both FAIR and B. Rizzini guns. When I talked to James at ITG he said he referes anyone looking at the 16 ga. to call John he is his go to guy for any and all things 16 ga. And I know John is a big fan of the B. Rizzini also, especially the 16 ga.

John at Quality Arms
Houston, Texas
Phone: (281)870-8377

John has listings on the doublegun board.
Nasty-G
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:13 am  Reply with quote

The heavy Rizzini was bought online from Northern Firearms in Walker MN. There were no issues returning it. As you might know, Rizzini advertises them at 6.4 lbs. This one was 7.5 ! I found a used FAIR Verona 16 weighing 6.4 lbs. It has 28" barrels VS the Rizzini's 30". This will be primarily a pheasant gun so should work out just fine. Saved about $1100 vs the new one.
Griffon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:40 pm  Reply with quote

Dealt with Rizzini USA a couple of years ago on a 16ga OU. Came through wrong was a nightmare to return.

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

Griffon wrote:
Dealt with Rizzini USA a couple of years ago on a 16ga OU. Came through wrong was a nightmare to return.

Which Rizzini USA was that? Currently it is the 3 guys in Utah. Before that William Larkin Moore was billed as Rizzini USA. And before that I dealt with a man and wife team somewhere around Washington DC. area. That was about the time Battista Rizzini started the lawsuit against FAIR in the US to become Rizzini USA.

Before that Rich Cole of Cole Gun fame was the first. He still isn't saying to this day why he no longer carries B. Rizzini guns, but he switched to Zoli. And of course is still one of the best Beretta custom gun makers if not the best in the US. Although I went with Joel Etchen for my custom set.
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:41 pm  Reply with quote

Maybe "BR" stands for bench rest model!

putz463
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:49 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

tselliott
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

As for the weight it is wonderful to shoot sporting clays with it swings smoothly on crossing targets I was shooting 1 oz. Remington game loads in 8's. Shot 84 for the first time out with it highly recommend it for clay target shooting.