16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Powder grauns clinging to inside of hopper.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:47 pm  Reply with quote

Well I've tried almost anything over the years to keep the static down in my powder hopper.Tried the ground technical version. No good. Didnt like the laundry softeners sheets. Other variations over the years but never worked. So i just lived with it. Then one day i got to thinking. I read where johnson paste wax was good to keep steel surfaces from rusting in high moister enviroment.like when you warm a room up in winter to work in a wood shop. So i applied it to my table saw, plainer, drill press,jointer, and radial arm saw. Had not needed to redo for 2 years and still free of rust.
I read where the wax works good on gun barrels to keep down finger prints and acidic oil from the skin so not to rust the barrels. It worked.
Well being the stuff sounds like a miriacal I thought why not give it a try. Well I took the powder hopper off my press. Made a polishing jig for my hand drill and applied a light coat to the inside of my hopper. Let it dry the used a clean rag and cleaned the inside. Put back on press. Added powder and bingo
No powder sticking on inside. Been a week now . Still no powder. Just might do the trick.we'll se.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 am  Reply with quote

I dip the hopper in Dawn and water shake it around then WITHOUT rinsing let it dry
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

Reloaded to day. Not a grain on the plexi. Also wax the baffel. Not a grain stuck to it.
Savage16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 am  Reply with quote

years ago, when I was buying my first sizemaster, the shop owner showed me that waxing your primer feed tray makes the primers slide thru much better. Reminds me its time to redo mine.