16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Reloading Rio 16ga hulls?
John A.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:04 pm  Reply with quote

I have nowhere local to buy powders and/or primer, so as bad as I hate it, I usually have to order it and feel like I need a shower after almost $40 or $50 in shipping fees.

That's why I normally make a large order at once.

Dave In AZ
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

WyoChukar wrote:
I have been there with specific loads for individual rifles and it caused me hell during fur season when my ammo was helping pay the bills.

Yeah, I really do want to hear more stories from you, sounds like a very interesting life!
I fly over your area a few times a week, was looking out the window at it today at where Cheyenne08? lives. Used to have a buddy I bouldered with in El Paso, that lived in Lander, Todd Skinner who used to tell stories of guiding for elk and doing cook duty on a ranch near there.
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:01 am  Reply with quote

As Mark and Mikey C have posted , there are a lot of cases that are similar and can be used together . Agree ! .... WYO - did you notice that your posting of the BP archives is way slimmed down to what it was even a few mos ago when they changed their approach . May be that they found some more off the charts actuals as compared to computer findings . The ones I need to verify is the 7/8 loads with 20/28 . Their original data showed it going from 17grns to 27 grns . I've used up to 23 grns but am a little leary of more till I have a test in my hands !!

gomerdog
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:29 am  Reply with quote

Dave In AZ wrote:
WyoChukar wrote:
I have been there with specific loads for individual rifles and it caused me hell during fur season when my ammo was helping pay the bills.

Yeah, I really dIo want to hear more stories from you, sounds like a very interesting life!
I fly over your area a few times a week, was looking out the window at it today at where Cheyenne08? lives. Used to have a buddy I bouldered with in El Paso, that lived in Lander, Todd Skinner who used to tell stories of guiding for elk and doing cook duty on a ranch near there.

Todd Skinner was kind of a local success story here in Lander. Son of a ranching family over near Pinedale, then world famous climber based in Lander. I think he still holds the record time for climbing Devil's Tower near Sundance. And then a tragic death in Yosemite NP from equipment failure around a decade ago. Left a lovely wife and two young daughters.

If you climbed with him, you were in extraordinary company. Perhaps you have your own stories to tell.