16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Rizzini???
John
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

I am looking to buy a 16 gauge Rizzini and after scouring the web over the last few days, I'm totally confused about which one to get. There seems to be several companies named Rizzini and near as i can tell, they're all kin. So my main question would be...Is there any particular models that stand out or any to stay away from?
Looking to spend between $2500-3500.
Any advice, opinions or thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks and Happy New Year, John.
skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

My favorite
Rizzini Fair 600
Mike

or something like this
https://www.gunsamerica.com/902760584/Fair-Rizzini-Prestige-Tartuaga-Gold-16-ga-28-choke-tubes-Rare-straight-stock.htm

fn16ga
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

I'm with Mike , I like the Fair's . . I love my LX900 and this one

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/rizzini-shotguns/fair-isidoro-rizzini-model-600-classic-16ga-30-quot-straight-grip-dt-solid-rib-upgraded-wood.cfm?gun_id=100918591
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm  Reply with quote

Hi John,

When it comes down to Rizzini and the 16 it boils down to there are 2 current Rizzini manufactures the B. Rizzini and I. Rizzini or F.A.I.R. There are others but those are the primary ones.

The one skeettx linked to is sold by Quality Arms in Texas. I would call John Boyd the owner and talk to him about what you want. He sells both B. and I. Rizzini and will be honest IME. And if anyone can find the configuration that you want in the US he can. His phone no. is (281) 870-8377

I like and own both B. Rizzini and F.A.I.R guns. But my 16 is an older NEA 500 which was made by F.A.I.R. I have both 28" and 30" barrels for it with 11 choke tubes I purchased it used for a great price. Some really good deals out there on used too.

POW grip, single trigger and 30" barrel is what I was looking for and got.

The new B. Rizzini BR110 16 ga. is not on a true 16 frame so is more like a 12 ga. in weight so unless looking at shooting clays would stay away from that one. And a few early Rizzini guns were on the 12 ga. frame. Most B. Rizzini 16 ga. guns do not have choke tubes if that matters, not necessarily a bad thing IMO.

I would at least talk to John at Quality Arms, doesn't hurt to talk. Italian Firearms Group (ITG) is who imports the F.A.I.R. guns and the guy there said that John has forgotten more about the 16 than he ever knew. Good luck and have fun.
grouser47
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 am  Reply with quote

US distributor for FAIR http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/fair/ great service when I needed extra chokes for my 16ga Jubilee Prestige. Also have their Pathos in 28 ga
Cheers/luck, John

jbusch720
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:01 am  Reply with quote

grouser47 wrote:
US distributor for FAIR http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/fair/ great service when I needed extra chokes for my 16ga Jubilee Prestige. Also have their Pathos in 28 ga
Cheers/luck, John

John,

How does the Pathos compare to your Jubilee Prestige? I'm really enjoying my 16 gauge Jubilee, and contemplating a Pathos in 20 gauge.
John
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 am  Reply with quote

Thank you all for the info. One gun that has caught my eye is the Aurum. I have only seen pictures and it looks very nice. Any reason not to buy?

Happy New Year, John.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:56 am  Reply with quote

John wrote:
Thank you all for the info. One gun that has caught my eye is the Aurum. I have only seen pictures and it looks very nice. Any reason not to buy?

Happy New Year, John.

Before I purchased it would want the actual weight of the gun itself. Not something off a chart. Good chance that it is closer to 7 pounds than 6 pounds. It is a B. Rizzini gun which arguably is slightly better quality than FAIR. But I don't feel by much, and again arguably.

They are nice guns IMO. Above the Aurum line you can find some alloy light versions in 16 ga. And if money is no objection even round body 16 ga. guns. Not that I have ever thought about one but hey I can still dream. I have 2 B. Rizzini guns in target versions. My youngest son was State runner up in class about 10 years ago with one. Guess that means I really only have one B. Rizzini he thinks that gun is his now. But the FAIR 16 ga. that I own I will never give up.
grouser47
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

jbusch720 wrote:
grouser47 wrote:
Cheers/luck, John

John,

How does the Pathos compare to your Jubilee Prestige? I'm really enjoying my 16 gauge Jubilee, and contemplating a Pathos in 20 gauge.

My ppathos is case colored and with 28' barrels weights in at 5lb 12 oz -- like the gun a lot. Works great on clays,woodcock and grouse. Had a few B Rizzini guns in the past and didn't like them -- quality was of and on a par with the FAIR`S but for the mostpar tfound them somewhat heavy for their respective gauges (Only my humble opinion) Smile

studdog
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

Most people feel the B's are better guns at slightly higher price. I have a round body B in 28 gauge that is perfect. No one makes a light weight 16 gauge O/U that I now of. If anyone knows of one under 6 lb's please let me know.

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:38 am  Reply with quote

studdog wrote:
Most people feel the B's are better guns at slightly higher price. I have a round body B in 28 gauge that is perfect. No one makes a light weight 16 gauge O/U that I now of. If anyone knows of one under 6 lb's please let me know.

There is no doubt that the B. Rizzini is a better built gun especially for high volume shooting. But they are also heavier. You can get light versions with alloy frames in most B. Rizzini hunting models that are going to put you in the 6 pound ballpark.

My FAIR with 28" bbl. weighs 6 pounds 2 oz. with 30" bbl 6 pounds 4 oz. About as good as it gets, and I personally don't want any lighter. Or heavier. All my hunting guns weigh within 4 oz. of 6 pounds. In 12 ga. they are also alloy receivers- Benelli Ultralight, Ohio made Ithaca 37, Beretta 687 Ultralight. But in 16 with steel receivers the FAIR and 1949 Ithaca 37 26" IC fall in that range.

I have the 3 Sid Bell Ithaca 20 ga. Ultralights including Deerslayer which are in the 5 and a quarter pound range. And for me are too light. I have pretty much not shot my target guns in almost 3 years now and shoot my 16 ga. guns almost exclusively even on clays. Took awhile to adjust but that 6 to 6 and a quarter pounds seems to be my sweet spot between carry for hunting and clays.

Edit: Forgot one more, 1999 King Ferry 16 ga. Ultralight Deluxe 37 with vent rib and choke tubes, it comes in at 6 pounds and is also an alloy receiver.

Until this fall previously unfired. Now has 2 shots through it and 2 grouse. My one and only English stocked pump gun. Think I am warming up to it, certainly for carry.

Point being nothing wrong with alloy receivers to get down to 6 pounds. In an O\U I know the Beretta guns need shoulders rebuilt starting at around the 20K round count. Cole Guns does that not sure who would do the B. Rizzini guns though Cole's at one time would. Don't think many would ever shoot enough to need it done though it is a consideration.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:51 am  Reply with quote

Citori Lightning Feather will get you under 6 pounds.
studdog
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:44 am  Reply with quote

Larry, I looked at Browning lightening feathers before and have yet to find one under 6 lbs. I'll keep my eye out. I'd prefer a B Rizzini or Guerini as brand preference. But they don't make them.

pjourn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:55 am  Reply with quote

Studdog,

The B. Rizzini BR110 Light will get you under 6lbs. I have a citori superlight feather that's 5lbs 14oz, but it's the only citori I've seen under 6.
fourtown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:42 pm  Reply with quote

My wife's 26" Citori Feather weighs one half ounce under 6 lbs. However the stock was shortened, so I imagine it was over 6 lbs out of the box.