16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Saying Hello
sprocket
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:11 am  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
I'd advise to start looking in Iowa. I haven't shopped there yet. Laughing ... and its COB, not SOB. there is not really much difference, but we COBs pride oueselves in it--so watch it buster. Wink

just let me know when you have a yard sale - Ima need 6 or 10 boxes of target shells for my lifetime supply Wink
tuna
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:03 pm  Reply with quote

I've found a pretty good selection at the Dicks in Enfield, CT for pheasant loads. I've found and awesome selection for slugs and buckshot at Kittery Trading Post - yes, I plan on using my 16 for deer this year, hope that doesn't break any of the COB rules.
Actually, I'm only using 2 guns this year - my Sweet 16 for pheasant/grouse and then deer, and then my .50 muzzleloader which shouldn't count against me, since it is muzzleloader season. Although, I guess if I really want to fit in here, I should start looking for a .66cal frontstuffer - or is that being too extreme?

Hmmmm, wasn't the Brown Bess a .69? There's got to be something close. Crap, what have I started?!!

Foursquare
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:18 pm  Reply with quote

tuna wrote:
Although, I guess if I really want to fit in here, I should start looking for a .66cal frontstuffer - or is that being too extreme?

Hmmmm, wasn't the Brown Bess a .69? There's got to be something close. Crap, what have I started?!!

The Bess was .75 or .77 depending on the model, the Charleville which the Frogs supplied to the Continentals was a .69.
I have a reproduction Officer's Musket, shorter and lighter than the full size Bess, it is a .66.

Pete

" .......you have learned patience and stubbornness and concentration on what you really want at the expense of what is there to shoot. You have learned that man can as easily be debased as ennobled by a sport....."
sprocket
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:05 pm  Reply with quote

Foursquare wrote:
tuna wrote:
Although, I guess if I really want to fit in here, I should start looking for a .66cal frontstuffer - or is that being too extreme?

The Bess was .75 or .77 depending on the model, the Charleville which the Frogs supplied to the Continentals was a .69.
I have a reproduction Officer's Musket, shorter and lighter than the full size Bess, it is a .66.

Pete

all the words sound like english...must be the Glenfiddich 18 'cause I don't unnerstan' a word o' that.